Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
cripes I feel sick thinking about this all day.

This morning I was eating an Egg McMuffin from McDonalds and on the last mouthful i was biting on something hard...WTF ?

it was a hunk of human fingernail, trimmed off 3/16th's wide, the full arc of the nail.

:barf

I brought it inside to complain, and called the store owner and McDonalds corp, and they said jeeze we investigate these complaints fully, we are sorry...keep that fingernail, and we'll be in touch. Our insurance company will be sending you something in the mail.

--
So, what would you do ? Should I just get a refund or seek something else ? I feel like absolute shit.

I eat on the road all the time, as I travel around fixing and installing stuff. I eat out for lunch daily. Today I have zero appetite, and am scared of eating any prepared foods right now. I sorta feel crappy thinking what I might have ingested. And then the health implications of chewing on someones grubby nail.

I contacted the State Health Dept and filed a complaint. is there something else I should be doing ?

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
man, thats terrible..

I dont understand the whole "keep the fingernail and we'll be in touch" That calls for immediate attention..
Thats just F'ing nasty!! :(

·
Titanium Inside
4,431 Posts
refund?? my ASS!!!

You are talking about the same company that paid out to some asshat that spilled coffee on itself! Make them give you enough money that you will never have to eat at their fscking restaurant again!

·
Moderator,
14,196 Posts
No THAT is a health department concern and restaurants require people to keep their nails short when they deal with food.... That is a definite alertable offense! I'd call the Health Department and turn that nail over to them...

McDonalds also should give you something in return for that.....

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
PublicEnemy1 said:
Make them give you enough money that you will never have to eat at their fscking restaurant again!
It's definitely disgusting and I'd be taking some sort of action. But I'd like to point out that no one HAS to eat at McDonald's :rolleyes

·
Registered
21,040 Posts
Yeah but Kell, people DO eat there.. thats just the way it is.
Fingernails in food is UNACCEPTABLE no matter how much of a dive a place is.

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
Oh I know....it's definitely UNACCEPTABLE and I know people eat there. But no one has to as someone else was suggesting.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Don't go class action...for the love of god don't let your lawyer find another group of people that have a related incident and have you bunch in with them in a lawsuit....

You will buy his next Bentley and his mistress a new fur....and we can't have that mistress bitch getting a dime :laughing

·
jayman and Method are super fabulous!
6,517 Posts
timy said:
Don't go class action...for the love of god don't let your lawyer find another group of people that have a related incident and have you bunch in with them in a lawsuit....

You will buy his next Bentley and his mistress a new fur....and we can't have that mistress bitch getting a dime :laughing
+1 never go class action

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
:rolleyes boo-fucking-hoo, let's sue the world. yeah, it's not fun finding a fingernail in your food, but it's not going to kill you. just cuz that stupid bitch burned herself and got tons of dough doesn't mean it's right for you to try the same.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Are you serious bro....He doesn't have to sue but, I would damn sure look into it and make sure it never happens agian....If they need to get DNA from every employee to find out who did this.... they should....no way would I let that slide...that's just nasty :shake

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
It's a fingernail people. Not a used rubber or a wad of phlegm. It was most likely an accident. Besides. It's probably the healthiest thing you had in your mouth while you were eating there. :thumb

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
It could have been a pub all I care :laughing it is still nasty....

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Write a letter to both the store manager and McD's corporate office to notify them of your experience. If the response is not prompt, contact the Health Dept, and make McD's aware that you've shared your experience with many others. Follow up until you get a satisfactory resolution.

While it would be gross, I probably wouldn't throw a whole lot of time or effort into it. Weird things are going to happen from time to time when you're being served by highschool kids. Chalk it up to a funny/gross McD's story, post it on the web, and avoid eating their food in the future.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
I agree with that Des....I just couldn't let it slide and not do anything.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Get a lawyer - you are going to be able to buy a couple of new bikes soon! ;)

·
Registered
861 Posts
You know, the burned by hot coffee thing is not quite what you seem to think. The feds had fined Mc many times for serving coffee to go at temperatures high enough to cause 3rd deg. burns. They just kept doing it until an old lady got said burns right in her lap. Everyone has spilled some coffee in the car, and you shouldn't need surgery from it. I forget what she got but the fine was what? 5 mil, 15 mil? A lot of jang, right? Try ONE DAY coffee sales for you know who. But back on topic, I think I would rather burn my nads than eat somebody else's nasty ass fingernail.:(

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
mpost said:
You know, the burned by hot coffee thing is not quite what you seem to think.
+1
There were also issues with the cups that the coffee was being served in, iirc.

·
Moderator,
7,795 Posts
edzo said:

morning I was eating a __________ from __________

mouthful i was biting on something hard...WTF ?

it was a hunk of __________

I brought it inside to complain,

I contacted the State Health Dept and filed a complaint.

same thing happened to me

with a breakfast sandwich

at Burger King

in Atlanta.

but this was a hunk

of thick twisted metal

looked like a thick curly staple. :runaway

i took it inside and showed the manager

and said i am not going to give this to you;

i just want you to see what i found in my whateveritwas.

i drove away, phoned the state health department and filed a complaint.

they took my information and said have a nice day.

never heard anything,

but what woulda happened

had i ate taht staple! :eek

~

found the same type of fragment

in a taco bell item about 5 miles away

a handful of months later. :confused

at the head of a lunch line there at the counter

a very busy manager recited back to me in a loud clear voice

so you found a piece of metal in your food...

i couldnt believe she said that out loud :2twitch

like it happens all the time :2twitch

and nobody fled :2twitch

then she had me write my info on a paper at the counter.

never heard back from anybody there either.

~

one day i might eat one dem dehr staples ahsidentally,

so when you pass by a STeed King or a STeed Bell in HotLanta you remeber me! :laughing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts