Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry in that it took longer than I thought to get an update. At first it looked like it wasn't going to happen, as they thought that it was too "focused" to bring to the theater. As a last Hail Mary attempt, I sent an e-mail containing a link to the first thread, and this is the response:
I'm Jasmine's friend from the Drafthouse -- at first we weren't certain the
doc FASTER would appeal to so many people, but thanks to you letter and
online poll, we can see that we were mistaken. We are going to set up a
screening for the first Wednesday in April
, and would love it if you could
help us organize some kind of bike-rally in association with the film. I am
going to contact the director now to solidify the screening, but please
keep in touch with me because I would like to make a big deal out of this
that will get people in from all over the state! Thanks!
Please make note of the day, and the last two sentences. The request for a rally could be covered by everyone with a street bike riding to the screening. (It is safe to assume that everyone with a street bike will ride to it right?)

Please leave feedback here or in pm, especially if you took part in the original poll.

·
Fine wine expert
3,306 Posts
Sweet! I can't promise I'll be there since we're talking about all the way in April, but I'll do my best.

We're talking about the drafthouse downtown right? Where are we gonna hold a biker rally for riders from all over TX downtown though? Parking is a bit scarce, and the drafthouse doesn't have a lot. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
that'S a long way off but just keep all of us here at CF up to date during the coming months. thanks for getting this off the ground. is there a time set for this????

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Riders from all over TX is an awesome idea... but on a Wednesday it will be difficult for people with standard Mon-Fri work weeks to travel (if coming from a ways away, which is a definite possibility).

I'd be in if it were on a Friday or Saturday night, otherwise, I have to work.

(the office i'm going to work for closes early on Fridays ;))

ETA: I was just sitting here mulling over this, wondering about "why wednesday.." And I can understand that the establishment would probably not want to give up one of their busier evenings for a MC documentary if they don't know what kind of $ it will bring them, and their regular friday/saturday nights already bring them X amount of money. Maybe ticket presales for a Fri/Sat would be better? What a gamble... I don't begrudge them having to make the decision! :)

·
Registered
4,917 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
im there no matter when it is,, as long as its not 15 frikin dollars to see it.... :p

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
I'll be there on said bike with dawn too! (tho she'll be rather round by then and in the mini =])

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Oh man just watched the trailer. I will drive from houston no matter what nite to watch. :thumb

·
Registered
802 Posts
that looks like a badass movie.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I'll be there to watch it!.... AGAIN!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Tyler Durden said:
Parking is a bit scarce, and the drafthouse doesn't have a lot. Just a thought.
+1 Where are all these people going to fit??? Downtown drafthouse parking is $7 at that lot around the corner... (and they'll charge per bike... not per parking place) but even if they have it at Lakecreek... you have to take into account that the theatres only seat 1/2 the number of reglar theatres due to the tables... where are all the people from this rally and all the people from all around texas going to sit??? especially with helmets/jackets/gloves and no choice to whether they want to go to another screening instead???

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Rocket Widget said:
+1 Where are all these people going to fit??? Downtown drafthouse parking is $7 at that lot around the corner... (and they'll charge per bike... not per parking place) but even if they have it at Lakecreek... you have to take into account that the theatres only seat 1/2 the number of reglar theatres due to the tables... where are all the people from this rally and all the people from all around texas going to sit??? especially with helmets/jackets/gloves and no choice to whether they want to go to another screening instead???

Think three locations throuought Austin and Cedar Park.

I'll bet they do this at the one up by my house :).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts