Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the day, I rode an 88 Honda Magna. Man, I LOVED that bike. It just had a style to it, that the other metrics didn't have.

Now, I am having the same feeling when I see the Road Star Warrior.... Man, thats a pretty Machine!

Get rid of the HUGE can, and a few mods here and there, I think I could dig it!

Any owners out there with an opinion?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Although the Warrior is a close second the first is the original power cruiser, Mr.Max. Nothing feels or sounds like it. Now that the R1 is done besides paint I have been playing with my Max adding a little here and there. What a power rush when the V Boost kicks in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am currently riding a Honda v65 Magna.
I don't understand why the makers don't make bikes like these anymore.
Yamaha is the only one with the v max that comes to mind.
I am tired to seeing all of the Harley look alikes.
I do like the Warrior and Vtx though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Road Star Warrior and the VTX both look great to me. I rode the VTX and the seat felt a little funny to me. Also, I don't think I could fit a cruiser and a sportbike in my garage. I guess I'll have to just get a second sportbike.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Definitely the VTX. Ugliest woulod have to be be the new valkyrie rune.

·
Moderator,
12,930 Posts
Tough call

I love the looks of the RoadStar Warrior...but if I were to actually buy a cruiser, I would probably get the Kawasaki Mean Streak.

·
Moderator,
12,930 Posts
Mean Streak

I would choose the Mean Streak over the Warrior because:

a.) It's cheaper
b.) It's water-cooled
c.) It's shaft-driven

And I would take the silver one.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just wish they would build more bikes like the Vmax and the older V65 magna I like the old power cruisers. Anymore the bikes are to low to the ground and are all V twins.
They are all trying to look like Harleys with a jap touch. It just doesn't work to often. Though some of the newer bikes arn't to bad.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I came within inches of buying a meanstreak, I still might. I sat on a warrior because it my first choice from photos, specs, etc. Sitting on it changed my mind, it is waaaaay to damn wide. I mean excessive. Plus it feels about 2 inches taller in the seat, could be the width though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I would really like to see the bikes side beside and test all of them. Then again my next bike will be a VFR. I gotta stick with the Honda V4.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Vmax without a doubt. If you've seen Streetfighter the English mag, this wouldn't even be a discussion. The way the Europeans, especially the French, customize them, insane.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts