Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a product they found that makes life easier? Here's a couple of things I use:

Honda Polish: Bike clean up is a snap. Cleans everything.

Rejex: Bug repelling super wax. Bugs don't stick, period.

Rain X: Windshield wipers? What are those for?

Under Armour: If you haven't tried it yet, you should really give this stuff a shot. The cold gear is really thin, fits under tight leathers easily, and keeps you warm. The heat gear wicks you dry and keeps you cool. I love this stuff!

Anybody got anything they use that others should know about?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
latex gloves- i don't turn a wrench with out them, especially now that its cold and your hands get all dried out

motion pro chain breaker/rivet tool- i'd say i've more than made my money back on this thing, instead of paying 110$ for them to buy one to use it once i just ask anyone that wants to use it to kick me 10$ since i bit the bullet and bought one

draw string helmet bags- i put my wallet, house keys, and cell phone in them and toss it in the bike's tail, keys like to work their way down into the bottom of the undertray so you have to remove the seat to get them back and i just don't like my cell phone bouncing all around in there, good to hold change, map, digital camera, whatever else and when your done instead of picking everything out of the trunk just take out the whole bag

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
heres a product that i bought that i thought would be my best investment ever... but it absolutely DOES NOT work at all what so ever

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
"Rocket Pillow" tank bag. I can almost fall asleep riding with that thing if I'm not careful.

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
del la sol said:
latex gloves- i don't turn a wrench with out them, especially now that its cold and your hands get all dried out

motion pro chain breaker/rivet tool- i'd say i've more than made my money back on this thing, instead of paying 110$ for them to buy one to use it once i just ask anyone that wants to use it to kick me 10$ since i bit the bullet and bought one

I agree on the gloves. I always use them. Hands are all nice and clean and not tore up afterwards.

The Motion pro chain tool is great too. Changing the chain out is easy now.

·
Owner - Insane Beagle Racing
188 Posts
Lots of stuff..

HondaBrite cleaner (mentioned previously)
Rainx (mentioned previously)
GelGloss cloths, great for quick wipe-offs of the bike, and leaves a nice shine. Get them at Walmart in a softpack.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Hatchman said:
Anybody have a product they found that makes life easier?
COLOR]
Ibuprofin: before a long ride:D

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
"Easy-off" oven cleaner

Makes cleaning wheels easy...spary on...wipe off. It's the best wheel cleaner out there believe it or not.

·
Registered
184 Posts
thermolite liner gloves. makes it so i can wear my JR speedmaster gloves, with the huge vents, in 30 degree weather, and my hands will be straighttttt. 10 bucks was alot cheaper than 70+ for winter riding gloves.

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Inferno said:
"Easy-off" oven cleaner

Makes cleaning wheels easy...spary on...wipe off. It's the best wheel cleaner out there believe it or not.
No kidding? It doesn't take the paint or powder coat off?

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
I need to get some more Honda Brite, but as for Honda polish, I like it, but not the price tag. I use:

Kawaski polish: very similar to Honda's, even smells similar. 2.00$ a can at a local dealership
Honda Brite: Love this stuff, cleans real well, and priced reasonably.
Chain Wax brand chain lube: Super easy to use and doesn't look messy/nasty after doing so.

I'm sure there are more useful things I use, but can't think of any. del la sol, why do you hate that front wheel thing so much? Looks like it'd be nice tool for cleaning the front wheel.

·
BLESS YOUR HEART
1,680 Posts
Hatchman said:
No kidding? It doesn't take the paint or powder coat off?
Oven cleaner is not a solvent, but a strong base (alkaline) that works on fats, oils, and cleans metals. Its just a very strong soap. Does not react or harm paint or plastics.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Pledge Furniture Polish. Cheaper than Honda polish, and smells even nicer!

I found a store here with little 7 oz cans of it, those fit in the tiny 954 tail section (even less room due to a fender eliminator kit). I can't find them any more, the larger 12.5 oz cans are a pain.

I also have one of those luggage lock things that has a retractable steel cable, and a 3-dial combo lock. It fits in a back pocket, and is great for locking my helmet & tank bag. I run the cable through the D-rings, through a secure loop on the tank bag, and under the triple clamp (and I lock the zippers with zipper locks).

A can of pledge and the luggage locks go with me everywhere on the bike.

·
2 As 1
272 Posts
Wow so many...

Meguiers Deep Crystal Polish
Plexus
Honda Polish for touchups
Maxima Chain Wax
Mp3 player

·
Beati pacifici
3,067 Posts
I'd never ride with a mp3 player. (Ain't it a bit dangerous?) My bike makes good enough music.

Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish
Tankbag

and the most important accessory

the bandana.

Use it as windbreak around your face on cold days.
Soak it in water and wrap it around your neck on hot days.
Wipe down your bike (or faceshield) with it.
Use it as a napkin (not in that order).

BTW, Hatchman, I can't read that blue font at all (as much as I like Carolina Blue).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts