Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my favorite road has to be the 'Home Track US-421"

Second favorite road would have to be Hwy-91 followed closely by the Cherohala Skyway. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I really liked the Cherahola, once I got the hang of it.
Also don't know the name, but going up to Hot Springs in NC.
And of course, last one, the road going up to Backbone Rock, really love that road!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
My favourite road is a secret. :twofinger

I've only ridden on three tracks, Rd. Atlanta, LVMS infield and LVMS "Classic".

Rd. Atlanta was more fun than the infield track at LVMS. The "Classic" course at LVMS was fun except for Turn 1 that had been chewed up by cars. I liked Rd. Atlanta more than the two Las Vegas tracks because the elevation changes make it more like the roads I ride on.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not official until you have your home-track sticker on your bike!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
My favorite road is the Cherahola. I've never ridden a road that had such PERFECT sweeping corners with such perfect pavement. I still can't believe it's in NC!!!!! (They aren't known for keeping their roads in tip top shape ;) )

Favorite track? Ummm, NFMP so far, cause that's the only one I've been to. LOL

Next year though, that changes. I'm working on doing a track day every month to prepare myself for racing in 2004!!!! I KNOW I'm gonna hit VIR North Course, I've been wanting to do that course forever. I hope I get to do Road Atlanta. I'm gonna do Kershaw, maybe some of the other Nesba and STT tracks. I'll figure that out next year :p I'm headed to TGPR (Talladega) in two weeks. If I have the money, I'm going to Kershaw in one month as well. But that's a "if" situation.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I hate you guys.. the best road around here has oh maybe 5 turns on it and then you are back into the city.. If I go about 2 hours north then I find some nice roads, but they are still no match for what you guys have.

So my home road, well before it broke my bike is Grattan Raceway :D

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
Dont feel bad Hoax...I ride 5 hours one way to run the "421 home track" Great road! Tammy the road your talking about is umm 50 something I think 58 in VA. I rode it a few weeks ago , alot of switch backs! A little crowded thou , mass amount of bicyclist!

Am going to do my first track day next month in SC..the name is drawing a blank :confused

1 - 20 of 46 Posts