Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby and I like to travel one new place each year. We have done Cancun, Aruba, Florida (Disney) and Hawaii so far. This year I am stumped so I thought I would ask what was your most favorite vacation and why did you like the location so much?

We are outdoorsy type people and like places where we can hike, sightsee, swim, bike, explore, etc. Hawaii was amazing because we were out snorkeling, hiking, biking every day. We are not lay on the beach every day type of people.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!!!!!

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
at this point? Home sitting on the porch (in the summer) with a good book. :shrug

·
911, Here to save your ass, not kiss it!
1,299 Posts
We hope one day to drive out to Yellowstone Park & camp & hike for a couple of weeks. Driving across the country is really cool. You get to see a lot of history.

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
If you are looking for an amazing, and exotic vacation - Greece is by far the ticket. There's amazing hiking, history, landmarks, beaches, city life, vistas... Everything.

Thailand also is beautiful - I have yet to go, but am planning on it sometime hopefully soon.

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
Method said:
If you are looking for an amazing, and exotic vacation - Greece is by far the ticket. There's amazing hiking, history, landmarks, beaches, city life, vistas... Everything.

Thailand also is beautiful - I have yet to go, but am planning on it sometime hopefully soon.

+1

Our next big trip is Europe. That would rock! This summer we are taking a cruise up to Alaska. Should be awesome from what I hear.

Oh, and the Hawaii trip we took rocked too. :thumb

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Mike Reyna said:
+1

Our next big trip is Europe. That would rock! This summer we are taking a cruise up to Alaska. Should be awesome from what I hear.

Oh, and the Hawaii trip we took rocked too. :thumb
You too? How FUNNY! Next year Matt and I are planning a trip to some place in Europe.. Italy, Spain, Greece or .. that about sums it up, lol.

Anyhow.. this year? He is riding to Alaska (trailering to Montana from Georgia) with some buddies and myself and 3 women from my family are .. you guessed it- GOING ON AN ALASKAN CRUISE! :crackup
What month are y'all going? What cruiseline?
We are going June 12-24th and doing the 7 day landtour the first part starting in Anchorage I believe and then doing the cruise the second week and leaving Vancouver back to home.

This is awesome!

·
Hayabusa Madness
2,613 Posts
Koh Samui is one of the most beautiful islands in the world. It is just off the eastern coast of Thailand. It has hotels, but no high rises, more like Hawaii in the 1940's. The exchange rate is great, and you can get a bungalow for very cheap. The beaches are incredible white sand with very few people. They filmed the Leonardo di Caprio film "The Beach" on this island.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Belize. :shrug

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
i highly recommend Bermuda. You can catch a cruise from NYC fairly inexpensively, and there are your lodgings and food. You can rent scooters for about $70/day apiece and go anywhere on the island. IIRC, it's about 20 miles long and anywhere from .5 to 3 miles wide at various points, and there are dozens of beaches, coves, and parks to explore. The standard of living is much higher than your average Caribbean island, so you can travel pretty much anywhere safely, and you're not constantly bombarded by a swarm of street entrepreneurs. There are a bunch of places you can go snorkeling, kayaking, or any other type of water-borne excursion, and the water is beautiful, as is the weather. Our absolute favorite vacation... we've been there 3 times, and we're hoping to go back again this year.

If you go the cruise route, look for one that stops at Hamilton or St. George, and preferably stays there for a while. King's Landing is way out on one end of the island without a whole lot else to do, but it seems to be cheaper to dock, so a lot of ships go there for one or more days.

Good luck!

...dave
:redcreep

·
the fruit of my loins
6,518 Posts
Sitting at home, playing xbox is about my version of the perfect vacation. I have been super busy these days tho, so just hanging out doing nothing sounds like the best thing ever. I always feel like I need a vacation after going on a trip lol

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
It sounds like you guys would really dig Costa Rica, where it's pretty easy to find some unbelievably cool action/adventure stuff to do (amazing diving, hiking, zip wire through the rain forest etc) and also a good place to relax.

Don't let people scare you off because of the central america thing, the only folks who seem to run into trouble there are people like journalists and missionairies who seek out the most remote and dangerous areas of the region. The tourist $$$ is their primary source of income and the people there make sure that regular tourists who aren't going somewhere they shouldn't don't run into any. My experience was that you'd probably have to go looking for trouble to find it (beyond acting like an ass being drunk waiving money around in the city or something).

The food is great, and cheap, and the people are very warm. Amazing scenery. Do it.

(I loved Bermuda too but is certainly more of a kick up your feet and chill out sort of place)

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
I absolutely love Chile. You can live like royalty for a couple hundred dollars and since I've been camping/fishing/whitewater rafting some places 99% of Chileans will never see, the time is amazing.

My rafting/fishing/drinking trip for 8 days in Alaska is the best, though :thumb

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
In the US I'd say AZ (Havasupai Falls/Sedona/Grand Canyon/Pine Top/Show Low/almost anywhere), Moab, UT is also awesome for outdoor stuff. I'm very partial to northern Italy as well. ;)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
MFFJM2 said:
Koh Samui is one of the most beautiful islands in the world. ..... They filmed the Leonardo di Caprio film "The Beach" on this island.
I agree with Thailand - but "The Beach" was filmed on the west side of Thailand on Phi Phi Lee (that's the actual name :D ). The island has no hotels - just thousands of "day-trippers".
Both "sides" of Thailand are great for vacation (if you have at least 14 days): the west side (Phuket, Karbi, Phi Phi) has monsoon season in the summer, the east side (Koh Samui) hs it in the winter (rough seas bad visibility underwater).

Other great places: Greece & Italy

s.

·
Registered
993 Posts
My favorite as far as seeing/doing touristy stuff: Scotland was very cool. My favorite vacation memories were from when my now-wife and I went to Duluth (MN) for the first time. Actually the "north shore" is great-beautiful scenery, great hiking/camping, tons of stuff to go see, and it's only a couple hours away from where we live.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts