Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok MXers, I'm still getting comfortable going 20-40 mph on flat ground, and the thought of launching into the air at speed brings instant visions of mangled bodies (mine).

I found what might be a nice place to ride, but they have a ton of jumps around the entire course, and riding around all of them doesn't seem to good either.

I plan on getting more seat time on more open ground, and then try to work my way up, but the one riding area that I can do that now has hunters hunting there, so I'm not getting to ride there like I'd like to.

How did you get use to jumping? And how many times did you crash before you got the hang of it?

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny, I was trying to go slow, but willing to jump a little, first lap, qtr of the way into it, I'm going down this hill, and of course there's a jump at the bottom, and I say to myself, self you can go over this:D
Up the ramp, a little air, But it's a double (more like 2 3 foot whoops really) Going fast enough to get air, but only enough to plant the front wheel into the middle of the second ramp. I didn't go over the bars, managed to not crash, but did end up in the small pond right next to it, up to my ankles in mucky water and pointed in the wrong direction.

That was when I decided that that wasn't much fun:D

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going slow lol, probably 2nd maybe 1st gear, and on the brakes most of the way down, it was just going to fast to stay on the ground, but not going fast enough to clear the second rise.
Probably funny to watch too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts