Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're shopping for bike and car stuff, what is the most important factor in deciding where to buy?

1. Location
2. Price
3. Knowledge of products
4. Time - meaning, do you mind waiting a few days to get what you want?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Scooter R1 said:
When you're shopping for bike and car stuff, what is the most important factor in deciding where to buy?

1. Location
2. Price
3. Knowledge of products

Thanks!
i will drive anywhere to get parts, as long as the establishment have some combination of choices 2 3 and 4:)

·
James "finger tight" Rachner
7,216 Posts
Scooter R1 said:

1. Location
2. Price
3. Knowledge of products

Thanks!
1. Price
2. Time
3. Knowledge/Location

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
I would say price, and customer service. If a business takes care of me properly, I will gladly spend more money or pay a slightly higher price if they stand behind thier product!!

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Depends on my mood and how quickly I need something...

Obviously the bike was a shop around with going to different dealers then just happening to browse on eBay and buying from a guy near Chicago...

The car I have now was an immediate purchase. My last one pooped out and had to get something that day...hit up the Auto Mall down here, had a limit of $20K and started looking...had thought about nice used, but the first and only used one I looked at didn't start ('98 Acura CL...this was 9/00) and the guy said the battery was dead...sorry, you don't put cars out that don't start on the first try...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
for something brand new i would go with price then knowledge however I also agree with skinnypunk..if they have excellent cust service and follow up and seem like they genuinly want to help you and educate you then i might pay more.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Customer service is at the top of my list.
If I go somewhere and the guy/gal is rude or an idiot I get a little PO'd and take my money elsewhere.

Heres a recent example of bad customer service:
Got two new batteries for my truck(diesel). Had the wife pick them up. She came by work to show me and I saw that one battery was way smaller than the other. I called the establishment and two guys (yes two) both told me I was wrong and said that they had given me batteries that were the same size. I pressed on and told them "No, the batteries are physically different and have different stickers/ratings pasted on them". Then they said that I should just run them cause it would be fine.

This really got me pissed because not only did they tell me I was wrong twice when they were totally wrong, but then they told me to live with their mistake.:rant :rant I won't be back to that establishment!

Heres an example of good customer service (Sound sound honda). The guy at the counter was very helpful, attentive, and gave me good info on the products and layed out the choices by quality and price range. I spent more money there than I had intended BECAUSE THEY HAD GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

1. Customer Service
2. Knowledge of products
3. Price
4. Time
5. Location

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Daveed said:
Customer service is at the top of my list.
If I go somewhere and the guy/gal is rude or an idiot I get a little PO'd and take my money elsewhere.

Heres a recent example of bad customer service:
Got two new batteries for my truck(diesel). Had the wife pick them up. She came by work to show me and I saw that one battery was way smaller than the other. I called the establishment and two guys (yes two) both told me I was wrong and said that they had given me batteries that were the same size. I pressed on and told them "No, the batteries are physically different and have different stickers/ratings pasted on them". Then they said that I should just run them cause it would be fine.

This really got me pissed because not only did they tell me I was wrong twice when they were totally wrong, but then they told me to live with their mistake.:rant :rant I won't be back to that establishment!

Heres an example of good customer service (Sound sound honda). The guy at the counter was very helpful, attentive, and gave me good info on the products and layed out the choices by quality and price range. I spent more money there than I had intended BECAUSE THEY HAD GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

1. Customer Service
2. Knowledge of products
3. Price
4. Time
5. Location
I couldn't agree more. I also do my research in stores then check online for better prices.

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
DJPK said:
Am I the only one that has bad experiences at South Sound Honda? :confused Though I guess I'm going to be visiting them often now... :(
Nope. They suck ass. Why would you need to visit them? Did Chris help you out with your GS?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts