Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How ofter do you feed your dog(s)?
1 time a day, 2, 3, more? Do you just leave the food bowl out with food in it? How much do you feed your dog(and what size is it?)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Its small and he eats when he wants.. Like me.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
I put down food once a day...
doesn;'t really matter tho, my dog will swipe anything off the table if I turn my head for a second...

sheesh, he got a half a turkey one time...

·
Forum Leader,
18,929 Posts
I have a 95lb mutt that gets feed maybe 2 cups worth of dog food once a day +occasional treats and a tiny bit of people food.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
X Racer said:
we put food in it once a day, but its always got food in it, so I'd have to choose keeping it full and let him eat what he wants. He's an American Staffordshire (pure-bred pitbull)
nice looking dog...

·
Elusive second member of CF
2,377 Posts
Two Rotties, they go over 120 a piece and they get two dog bones and like 4 cups a day. Two in the AM and two at night....

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Bailey gets two meals... main meal in the morning before I leave for work (full bowl about 1 1/2 cups) and then a "snack" (abt 1/2 a cup) when I get home. Plus she'll eat a rawhide chip in the evening if she doesn't hide it and forget about it :laughing

·
Registered
26,532 Posts
1fastchick said:
I have a 95lb mutt that gets feed maybe 2 cups worth of dog food once a day +occasional treats and a tiny bit of people food.

I feed my lab 2 times a day. Eukanuba....and no people food at all. She has her snacks. BTW she is 10 months old and about 65 pounds.

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
X Racer said:
we put food in it once a day, but its always got food in it, so I'd have to choose keeping it full and let him eat what he wants. He's an American Staffordshire (pure-bred pitbull)
Small correction here...

American Staffordshire Terrier and American Pit Bull Terrier are 2 separate breeds. They were the same breed like 75 yrs ago, but then were split into 2 breeds.

My Nanatsu de Aquila Cunae (pure bred AmStaff):

She weighs in at about 42lbs and gets 3/4 of a cup of food in the AM and 1 cup of food in the PM. But she's also extremely active.

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
She weighs about 60# and gets Science Diet - 2 cups in the morning, 1 cup at dinner.

My girlfriend says some people food is okay (She's a vet. tech.). So Chicane will get some scraps, but in very small doses. She also licks the plates. Don't give them anything that's bad for you, and don't give them anything until you're done eating. Feeding them while you eat makes for very bad behavior during dinner.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the largest Daschaund in NC at 32 lbs and a 130 lb St Bernard.

Little one, once a day
Bernard, twice a day

75 lbs of dogfood a week for the two

1 - 20 of 50 Posts