Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a novice rider but saw the piece on Speed recently about the all women deal in Pahrump. Any of you participate last year? What was the cost? Can a novice REALLY get on the track? I have a little yamaha xs400 that probably won't make the trip but hope to upgrade to a BMW GS 650 by next fall. I don't think I'll ever be interested in racing, but I would be interested in improving my skills and thought this looked like a good deal. I am also interested in test driving a Breva but there are no dealers in NM. This is my first post, and if I can keep my guy off of the Adventure Rider Board, I might be able to get to know some of you and meet down the road! :laughing

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
I don't have any info on Femmoto, or on riding the Breva, but I did get to sit on the Breva. She felt GREAT... aside from being a little less sporty than I was hoping for. It's a pretty upright seating position, low seat height (I'm 5'2"), very very comfortable. and it's a twin! what else do you need?? ;) The price tag wasn't too bad either.. I think around 7-8k? having the more upright seating posture and less fairing should help to keep the insurance costs down too ;)

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
oh, and welcome!! :hi

·
Registered
850 Posts
Rowdy - you definitely posted to the right board! Bonnie and I organize the annual Femmoto event. We'll be at Pahrump again next year, bigger and better, on September 18th with a regular track day on the 19th. It's a great day and not sure what is better - riding the demo bikes or having the opportunity to hang out with so many women riders. The cost is cheaper than a regular track day.

2004 Femmoto is looking to be even better than last year with more mfgs jumping on board. Aprilia and Guzzi will be back again, along with your Breva. Triumph is committed and will be bringing my green speed triple (in my dreams!!). Of course more details will be posted.

Sportbiketracktime.com (trackday company that sponsors Femmoto) puts on trackdays in the west and will be at Pahrump a few other times besides Femmoto. STT supports a program called Club Femmoto where as a club member, you can ride any track day for $75. You'll also find women instructors at just about every STT track day, and quite a few of them are on this forum. We want to help women riders, just like yourself, get on the track safely and have some fun (and learn something too).

I'm giving you just a taste of 2004 information, and you'll find more on our websites. We are getting ready to launch the 2004 STT and Femmoto website in the next few weeks. Stay tuned, I'll also be posting more information here too.

BTW.... Bonnie rides a 650 GS and is out playing in the desert right now.... why am I here in the snow?

We've made CA (CycleAngels) our home base forum simply because it's the best women's forum out there. You'll find all sorts of riders here - racers like MZGirl, Workerant, KBOlsen, 1Fast.... dirtbike and dual sport girls like myself, Bonnie, Excessa.... cruiser chicks, wild women like Stuntbabe, beginners, pillion riders, women of all ages..... it's a really neat place to hang out, so don't be a stranger.

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
I have been to the last 2 events in Nevada and Virginia and they are GREAT!! Nancy and bonnie do a great job putting the thing together! I will definately be there next year!!

And WELCOME :dance4

·
Track addict
245 Posts
I was at the Pahrump event and it was great! It's fun to try out the different bikes and yes, a true novice can get out there and ride! There were quite a few gals with only a few hours of riding under their belts. They did great and learned a lot (which to me is the main point of getting out there anyway).

You won't need a bike on the first day -- they won't let you ride your own bike anyway. If you want to do the second day, then you'll have to have your own bike. At least that's how they did it in 2003.

I'm planning on being at the 2004 event too. Just have to decide if I'm going to do one day (fly out) or two days (drive and trailer my bike out).

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have never been on a track either and would love to go to Femoto in 2004. I would be a little apprehensive about riding another bike since the only bike I have been on is my SVS.

I have also thought about whether to go out for the one day or trailer my bike for two days. The only hold up would be our re-location timing to North Carolina...starting a new job etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wanted to let all you women know that Nancy & I are working on the Femmoto site/store right now and you will soon be able to sign up for all women's track day Femmoto 2004. Any questions let us know. Also wanted to ask if there is anything special you guys would like to see on the Femmoto web site? Either post to this forum or send me an e-mail.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
For once, the calendar seems to be working in my favor. We'll be up in Vegas for the CCS/FUSA races Sept. 23-26. We'd have to leave on the 22nd to make the drive from Tucson, so I figure, why not take some extra vacation days and leave for the weekend before and hit Femmoto? Then my husband and I can spend the weekdays before racing hanging out in the area and mountain biking the downhill trails of Bootleg Canyon. Plus, we'd be able to snag pit space at the Vegas track extra early that week.

We would be coming up in our RV and trailer with the race bikes. My husband would probably be attending the regular Sunday track day. My only question is, what do the men folk do while the ladies are at Femmoto on Sat? I'd hate to dump him in the city for the day with nothing (the RV & trailer is the house on wheels, and has everything in it). I'm just thinking about how I'd feel if I was in his place. Could STT/Femmoto use a volunteer helper that day? He's very knowledgeable about bikes. Pit crew support maybe? He'd stay out of the ladies' way. ;)

·
Track addict
245 Posts
MZGirl said:
Then my husband and I can spend the weekdays before racing hanging out in the area and mountain biking the downhill trails of Bootleg Canyon.

what do the men folk do while the ladies are at Femmoto on Sat?
OOOoooo!!! OOOOOooooo!! Take me mtb-ing with you!!

Zak can be our pit slave on Saturday. He can fan us with palm fronds between sessions, feed us and rub our feet. Notice how I put that "our" and "us" in there in order to include myself? :laughing

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Cynthia, we'd totally have to pit together! :D I've got lots of pit goodies that built up over this past season. If it's hot, I've got the mist system that hooks up to the canopy! And lots of comfy chairs.

Would you be able to bring your MTB and hit some trails with us? The drive back to FL is a looooong way, so some good ol' singletrack would keep you sane for that drive. ;) I'll keep ya posted, but I hope to pull this off!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts