Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
That looks interesting, except the wheelbase is rather long for something supposed to handle (as the USD forks and meaty front brakes might have you believe). And that transmission housing looks nearly large enough to contain a snowmobile CVT pully/belt setup. Say, there's a project!

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's not the transmission housing, that's the primary chain cover. The transmission is separate from the engine and fairly small by comparison. You could see it if there were a view from the other side. Or just look at a picture of any Harley Big Twin on the right side.

·
Curve whore.
162 Posts
Those bikes look pretty cool, and I would respect the guy who drove it since I'd assume he pieced it together from various bikes or something. But to pay $20g for it doesn't make sense to me. I'd just buy a V-Rod, V-Max, or Moto guzzi kind of thing.

EDIT: I'm referring to Ratdog's pics.

·
I did WHAT????
2,065 Posts
T-595 Greg said:
Yamaha MT 01.... coming to a dealer near you soon.
Front cover of this month's Motorcyclist

more here
Ummmm did I miss something... Motorcyclist said it wasn't coming to the US (along with all the other articles online)..... They are hopeful that it MIGHT come to the US a la the FJR1300 that wasn't going to come to the US originally, but a write in campaign changed their minds, and Yamaha lets you preorder the FJR now.... Don't know bout the mt01

I love the MT-01... It's looks sweet and has lots of possiblities - but I can't justify the purchase of one... Whereas, I could justify the FJR... It's a niche market

·
Registered
66 Posts
hondahawkrider said:
Ummmm did I miss something... Motorcyclist said it wasn't coming to the US (along with all the other articles online)..... They are hopeful that it MIGHT come to the US a la the FJR1300 that wasn't going to come to the US originally, but a write in campaign changed their minds, and Yamaha lets you preorder the FJR now.... Don't know bout the mt01

I love the MT-01... It's looks sweet and has lots of possiblities - but I can't justify the purchase of one... Whereas, I could justify the FJR... It's a niche market
I don't lke this one!:mad

·
Registered
10 Posts
The best way to create latent demand is to say,

"You can't have it".

You know this bike is coming to (Harley-esque) V-Twin America.

Say goodnight Mr. V-Max, there's a new boy in town.

And this boy can dance as well as throw punches.

dxr

hondahawkrider said:

know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.