Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG, that had to be the best championship racing I've watched in...well, I've ever watched. I didn't read any of the headlines and such, just waiting to watch these races and see who won the championship. I was friggin' chewing my nails off, UNBELIEVEABLE races!!!!! I can't believe Colin pulled that off. I'll bet Troy is pissed as hell that he wrecked that bike at Assen!!!!!

Too bad these guys are leaving WSBK next year. :( Hopefully it'll still be a good show anyways.

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
Rsv1000R said:
They both rode their tails off, It was a great ending to a season that looked to be a run away.
for sure man... i thought there was NO way in hell CEII could pull off winning...sometimes being wrong is good :thumb

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Troy's crash at Assen was the big thing, he kicked ass all year, and just pushed to hard trying to improve his position in the second race.

I was just looking to see if the 3 points extra Colin got in the first race at Laguna Seca by being in front of Nicky made the difference.
But Colin won 552 to 541.

Troy had poor outings at both races at Sugo, and the first race at Silverstone. Those also could have given him enough points to win.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Yeah and if Colin hadn't have had some growing pains in the first portion of the year who's to say Bayliss would have had any chance? That's racing... Should of, would of, could of... Bottomline, Colin was the better rider on the better machine for the duration of the season.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was hella close though!!!! I've never been on the edge of my seat like I was for those 4 races. I didn't think Colin would pull it off till I saw Bayliss wreck. I wish they could have actually got it on film!!!! If Bayliss hadn't of been greedy he'd still have won the championship. Oh well, ALL HAIL CEII! :hail

·
Registered
361 Posts
that was the best race of the season, actually, it was the best season of racing since Scott Russell and Foggy were going at it in 94-95.Colin is the man. :cigar

·
Registered
560 Posts
could you imagine if the racing would have been that close all year, id have MORE grey hair (i bet they would too)....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts