Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mornin' folks. Having just registered, I figured I'd toss out a quick first post. I'll fill out a bit more of my profile when it's not 3am. Umm. Wow. That's a lot of smilies. Y'all have some very strange smilies.

Anyway... I just quit my job and moving to Colorado. Highlands ranch is the area I'm looking at staying in until my lease runs out, and I can move down to Colorado Springs. I don't really know anyone there yet, and do not have a job lined up, but am taking a bit of a leap of faith. That said, I'm looking for a few folks to ride with in the area, and perhaps just grab a meal or two with.

I look forward to the prospect of getting to know a few of you. God knows motorcyclists are a diverse population, and Christians seem somewhat unrepresented as a group.

Cheers!

·
Moderator,
14,196 Posts
First off welcome! :hi I think you'll find this place a real good one... ;)

I must warn you however that a strange beast named Miss Judy resides in this place called Colorado Springs.... You must be careful, because she likes to grab members by their necks and cause severe cases of whiplash! :eek So if you see this strange woman posting in this thread, be forewarned! You will more than likely run across her kind! :nanana

·
Registered
16,960 Posts
Standard greeting. :nanana

Why is it everyone is going to be near Judy? :confused

Oh well. Watch out for her. She's bad mojo. :citadel j/k

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetings JayMan and Gorilla,

Interesting... two posts in reply thus far, from people who aren't even in Colorado, and both of of you mention Judy... :eh

Should I be scared?

Then again... I make no claims regarding sanity either. :angel1

Also interesting... Gorilla, I'm not the first to have moved out that way recently?

·
Registered
16,960 Posts
Well, Jayman was in Florida, and met Judy on the way to Oregon. I was in Wyoming, but didn't know Judy before moving to Nevada, then back to Virignia.

A couple of others have moved out that way. I forget who.

Oh, and be scared, very scared. You have yet to meet the LBM. :p

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Oh now, YOU GUYS! :rolleyes

Dont scare this guy off! Give him credit, at least his FIRST POST was in the correct forum, unlike the one I did months ago. :laughing

Welcome to Colorado, Patience!! We have a strong CSBA group out here and are planning our 2005 CSBA Rocky Mountain Rally.

Check out our webpage : www.cocsba.com and call me when you get here. We have riders all over the state. A few in CO Springs and most of our group is in Denver!

Jay and BG have kinda made me out to be a mad woman! How bout the rest of you posting up and telling Patience how kind and sweet I REALLY am! :D

And Jay, just cus my bike is faster than your boat, you need'nt be so mean to me! ;) I'm just a girl!
:nanana

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Adam welcome to the site, this site is like one big quirky family:D

·
Friend of sinners
3,714 Posts
Howdy Patience. :hi

Welcome to the board---yeah, we're kinda quirky here, but you'll get used to us.

JayMan is gonna do a "year in review" sort of thing tomorrow night, so you can discover what a bunch of loons we've been over the last 12 months. :nanana

P.S. Oh, and yeah, watch out for Miss Judy. Hell hath no fury like a woman shorn! :laughing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice pic!

Man.. that beats Minnesota by a long shot. Currently the temp here is 19F with freezing rain. I'm praying the weather clears up before next week.

Anyway, I'll definitely look y'all up when I get in the area.

Come to think of it, If anyone's interested in grabbing some dinner on the 30'th of this month, or any meal during the day of the 31st, I should be riding through on my way to Cali around that point, weather permitting. I always enjoy good company. It helps break long rides up.

Okie dokie. Time to get errands done for the day. Take care folks :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aquarello said:

P.S. Oh, and yeah, watch out for Miss Judy. Hell hath no fury like a woman shorn! :laughing
Thanks! I do hope you mean 'scorned' though, unless Judy's had a really bad haircut recently. :D

Plastic... it's too bad I don't live near ya. I've been riding for oh... 4 months now, and have crashed twice and dropped my bike probably thirty or forty times. I could probably support your business all by myself. :rolleyes

·
Registered
255 Posts
:p Greetings and welcome.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Miss J
How bout the rest of you posting up and telling Patience how kind and sweet I REALLY am!
A wolf in cat's clothing!

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Patience said:Plastic... it's too bad I don't live near ya. I've been riding for oh... 4 months now, and have crashed twice and dropped my bike probably thirty or forty times. I could probably support your business all by myself. :rolleyes
I think it's time for a lighter and lower CG bike!

Welcome to the site and feel free to ask anything you'd like! We don't really hold back here when it comes to the Bible and Christianity:laughing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Captal said:
I think it's time for a lighter and lower CG bike!

Welcome to the site and feel free to ask anything you'd like! We don't really hold back here when it comes to the Bible and Christianity:laughing
Dude... if I went any lighter and lower, I'd be on a Vespa! :rolleyes It's been a good month now since I dropped it, anyway. The biggest part of the problem was that I was working both second and third shift, 70-90 hours a week. With such little sleep as I got, my balance really suffered. Both of my crashes were on downhill, blind, decreasing radius turns. The first one was during my second day on a bike and I had my throttle rocker set wrong, and the second of which had gravel on it.

In response to the second part, thanks!, and I can definitely tell from the flavors in some of the previous posts that folks don't hold back much, which is really cool in my book. This life's too short to avoid getting to the point.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Patience,
Another greeting from one of the Colorado Tribe:hi
Just to let ya know, Judy is very sweet and kind but has to keep some of these yahoos in line sometimes so that's where their bad attitudes come in.

Oh J-man and BG,:nanana :nanana :p :p :D

J/K guys, ya know I've gotta stick up for my adopted Sis!:laughing

·
Friend of sinners
3,714 Posts
Patience said:
Thanks! I do hope you mean 'scorned' though, unless Judy's had a really bad haircut recently. :D
Oh, I meant what I wrote... :citadel

Have you made enough posts to be able to attach a picture yet?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts