Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night (Monday Aug. 21) I had my first chance to ride on the track in San Antonio, Kart Runco.
http://www.kartrunco.com

Lets start of by saying that this kart track is similar to the setup at Iron Rock, Tire barriers in the parking lot.

However this track is a lot bigger than Iron Rock, I would say it is right at a 1 mile track maybe over a little bit. The longest straight is close to 800ft in my guesstimation. And the track runs clock wise get ready to make a few more rights.

I ran my super proddy out there and I ran a 8/72 which seem to work quite well. I was pulling a 1:18 for lap times. I did get a change to test out the barriers, a lowside on a quick right hander. The barriers are not quite as forgiving as Iron Rock I stopped in about a 1ft as opposed to about 4ft at Iron Rock.

There is area on the track to pull off if you have a problem getting out of the racing line without trying to get over the barriers. I am looking forward to the race on Sept. 24 there, high speed and hard braking. The owner is a nice guy and looking forward to having us race out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts