Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Fireblader37 said:
I can meet whenever tomorrow as I wont be doing the late night watch the ball drop gimmick! That sounds a bit gay huh???:confused

Sorry guys been working on the bike, just have to tighten and lube the chain now, but its all together:clap

Cant beleave someone aint figured out a time......id say noon, that gives everyone a chance to let the sun rise and let the morning freeze leave a little. Meet at the space station on 181.

Do post if youll be meeting there. I hate guessing at numbers and end up leaving someone behind!

TL that works for me. Scottb??? Since I wont be doing anything festive tonight I think I will get an earlier start maybe 10ish and do some conditions checking at other nearby potentials. 12pm at SS Im there.

Ill probably get there a little early to, but I dont know what the wife has in mind, and im confused on my nights and days right now, so ill be drag ass in the morning until I get enough coffee in my system as usual.

Sorry guys, I won't make it by that time. Prolly won't get to leave Shelby until 1:30. I'll be eating collard greens and black-eyed peas with the out-laws.:rolleyes

On a more positive note, the nice weather lady on channel 9 is predicting at least 66 deg on Saturday and maybe more if we get a lot of sun. Somebody's livin' right! :laughing

Raw954RR said:
Sorry guys, I won't make it by that time. Prolly won't get to leave Shelby until 1:30. I'll be eating collard greens and black-eyed peas with the out-laws.:rolleyes

On a more positive note, the nice weather lady on channel 9 is predicting at least 66 deg on Saturday and maybe more if we get a lot of sun. Somebody's livin' right! :laughing
Sorry we'll miss you Raw. We push back any later half will be riding in the dark and thats not the greatest thing in the world for the people that live up the hill;)

Have a safe ride tomorrow and if you see an RC51 a 999 a yellow GSXR750 a zx6r and something else that your not sure what it was....well thats us. Probably be the only other nuts out tomorrow too, wave us , or run us down one of the other:D

Scottb I will meet everyone at SS as I am headin out earlier for some sightseeing. I want to get some major miles today. Boomer I will take lots of pics. Sig ya gonna make it?
By the way folks my claim with the fatality involved unseen salt/gravel midcorner on 28 so lets be wary out there today as the roads, albiet dry, certainly wont be Julyfest condition.

You guys want to do this again on Sunday?.....come on ................you know you want to........

:D :D :D :D
Todays kicked serious ass fellas!!!! What a damn near perfect day. 181 rocked 95% clean and NO traffic. The other roads ya took us on rocked also Scottb, all the way to Lake Lure and then the RIP down 9 to Black Mountain where we all departed.
That was possibly one of the best group rides I have been on. A great way to kick off 2004. I will post the pics later. Highlight of the day: watching SteveD flat WALK away from all our rev limiters on that Gix 1K. Holly horsepower Batman! Made Scotts RC51 (and my vintage Gsxr) look like they were in reverse!
Sig weather permitting I will likely ride Sunday so lets put it together.

Hell of a ride today guys!!!

stevetd, fireblader, ripTOOL, TLstreak, WYD OPN, and richyd92, I'll ride with you guys anytime!

I forget who said it at Black Mountain, about not wanting the day to end, but it couldn't have been put any better. It was a pleasure riding with everyone. A very capable and smart group . To sum it up, it was damn near a perfect day. And Brent, stevetd's gixxer isn't that fast. I missed a gear. Um....uh...yeah....that's it, I missed a gear. :D No, all BS aside, he damn near sucked my headlight out he passed me so fast. :shake

Here's to many more rides of this quality in '04 .

Guys, I had an absolute blast today! Like Scott and Brent said, the group made the day. Good pace, skilled riders and everyone rode their own ride. I'm looking forward to more days like today.

Steve

awesome.
Must soak in HoT water now.
EDIT:
Now that I'm warm... well, mostly warm, there's still a little shrinkage, was a good day. You all must have gotten slower over the winter, I hardly had to work at all. :flipoff
And that was some good RC spankage!!! Twice I believe.:D

Thanks for starting this off fuckwad.:redflip Wait, how you say that in french? phaquad?:laughing

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.