Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited when I paid for my bike on Friday (well, I wasn't excited about paying for it :rolleyes: ) that I neglected to notice a few chips along the front edge of the tank. Do I:

* Make a stink about it? (Begging the question: will they care? Or will they do a worse job fixing it than I would?)
* Let it go?

They're not terribly noticeable until you notice them, if you see what I'm saying. I could possibly touch them in myself, but they're pretty deep. Have no idea what would have caused them.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
On a brand new bike? I'd start with politely asking them to warrenty the faulty paint job, which is what it sounds like it is. Shouldn't be a problem, only labor time, and waiting for new parts(er, this could take a while) Or you could touch them up yourself. It's like any small flaw, others may not notice, but it could drive you nuts, if your one of those kinds of owners.

·
Cranky Euro-Gnome
1,344 Posts
I had two bellypans replaced under warranty. One because of paint coming off (the side, not where stones and debris hit it) and one for a stress crack.
Politely point it out to your dealer and get it taken care of.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're gonna fix it when I bring it in for my 500 mile service. Cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts