Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does this just mean you just counter steer harder and faster to make the bike lean over quicker?

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
:lol You guys are :nutz :lmao

·
Another Hit of the Track Pipe Please!!
925 Posts
ZxHunteR said:
It means get rid of the booger on your gloves quick here comes a turn!
:crackup :laughing :crackup :laughing :crackup :laughing :crackup :laughing

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
I take it to mean how fast a bike can lean over, where it's most evident is going from leaning one way to the other, in a chicane for instance.
Also don't forget you can also weight the peg on the side you want to lean to (the new inside peg), and that will also make it lean faster.

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
ZxHunteR said:
I thought it meant giving the :doublefli to the soccer mom that almost ran you over

:D

·
You can keep your CHANGE
1,931 Posts
I think applying pressure on the pegs is mroe effectivie :) maybe that's just me

·
Support TC or fly like a fairy!
2,748 Posts
ZxHunteR said:
:lol:crackup That's some funny sh!t

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
thrain said:
i always heard to put your weight on the outside peg
Riding dirt bikes? Yes. Streetbikes? No. On a dirt bike you do it to keep the tire digging into the ground. On a streetbike you don't have to worry about such things (unless you PLAN on spinning up the rear) so just weight the inside peg to help turn the bike.

Check out Nick Ientsch's Sport Riding Techniques at the bookstore.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Katoom119 said:
Riding dirt bikes? Yes. Streetbikes? No. On a dirt bike you do it to keep the tire digging into the ground. On a streetbike you don't have to worry about such things (unless you PLAN on spinning up the rear) so just weight the inside peg to help turn the bike.

Check out Nick Ientsch's Sport Riding Techniques at the bookstore.
True about dirtbikes, but not with..racebikes. The way to turn it, is only with countersteering...the harder the faster. Using the inside peg helps the transition effort, but when getting on the gas you wiegh the outside peg for the same reason as you do on the dirtbike...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
karlitos said:
True about dirtbikes, but not with..racebikes. The way to turn it, is only with countersteering...the harder the faster. Using the inside peg helps the transition effort, but when getting on the gas you wiegh the outside peg for the same reason as you do on the dirtbike...
Granted about countersteering, I'm just assuming everyone does that because you can't really ride a bike without it. Also if you're getting on the gas then that means you're beginning to exit the corner and need to stand the bike up. Thats just what I've found, I haven't gotten to the point of needing to weight the outside peg to keep the back end from stepping out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts