Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey girls,

STT is coming to Moroso on 2/7 and scheduled to go to Jennings in March.

Has anyone here rode Moroso? If so, how did you like the track?

Is anyone going to Moroso on 2/7???

·
Registered
850 Posts
That's right... Saturday February 7th STT South will be at Moroso. The details on the entire 2004 schedule are now posted on the STT website , including Moroso. You can signup on-line beginning January 1st.

The last event we had at Moroso sold out, so don't wait until the last minute (Chrissy). I wasn't able to get down to Moroso in September, but heard alot of positive things about the day and the track. Hubby Ron tells me the track offers a nice wide straight for easy passing, three tricky chicanes and an awesome back section of curves. This is an excellent track for beginners because of the wide passing and flat, safe runoff. You'll find max speeds at around 100mph, much slower than speeds on other tracks.

Something that we don't have clear on the STT site are details about Club Femmoto. We should have that posted in the next day or two. To do STT track days you will need an annual membership which is $25. This enables women riders to sign up for any track day for $100. If you wish to join STT as a "Club Femmoto" member the annual fee is an additional $10 ($35) which enables ladies to ride ANY STT track day for $75, plus you'll get a discount at the annual Femmoto event at Pahrump and other benefits. So, it makes sense to sign up as a STT Club Femmoto member.

Now for the best news of 2004 - STT South novice classes will include 3 women instructors: Nikki (1fast), Meg (workerant), and me. Between the three of us, you'll find at least one women instructor at each STT South event.

Nikki and I will be at Moroso to start out the 2004 season and we'ld love to see a bunch of CA's riding. Remember, you can signup on-line beginning January 1st.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It was nice meeting you today Nikki........thanx for representin' us females. It was nice seeing the men thanking you for all your help......(you'll have 'em on their knees soon enough--all in time) Be safe and hope to see you again!

·
Forum Leader,
18,928 Posts
:laughing it was great to meet you ladies also ;) You girls have to make it up to Jennings ;)

As for the track it was much nicer than what I expected and was fun except the last Chicane.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The weather down here is Fabulous :nanana

Fun day at Moroso yesterday!! Nikki did a great job and very proud to have her helping STT.

I rode control in the Intermediate group and had a good day of riding. Moroso is a different track that I started to really enjoy by the end of the day. I'm not used to so much breaking and shifting when I ride the big Mille, but Moroso demands it. It was fun flying down the front straight and shift up twice and then just as fast, heavy breaking and down again. The chicanes were tricky, very tricky - requiring lots of work and concentration.

If I'm not mistaken, we had three lady riders not counting Nikki and myself. We need more women riders !!

CLICK HERE for Moroso Track Report

Next track day JenningsGP March 13-14

BTW... did I mention the weather down here is FABULOUS :nanana

·
Track addict
245 Posts
Yaaaaayyyy!!! :clap I'm counting down until the March 13 Jennings date. I'll be there on my "new" track bike!! :D I'll bring the FZ1 just in case for whatever reason the "new" SV isn't ready but I'm really looking forward to the SV. Completely different set up for me. I'm sure I'll be even slower than usual for a while at first. This time though, I'll be doing 2 days in a row. Looking forward to that too. 33 days to go...

·
Forum Leader,
18,928 Posts
:laughing OMG haha that picture. I had a BLAST! Moroso is way more fun than I ever expected it to be. The pictures are up at www.killboy.com for the rest of you wanting to see the pictures. Hopefully I will have more than 3hrs sleep next time and Nancy Me and You at Jennings before the last session of the day ;) Those chicanes killed my legs though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.