Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Belkin Tunecast II for my mp3 player so I could use it in the car. But I'm not too happy with it. I have to turn the volume up pretty loud on the car and the mp3 player and even then I still get static and poor sound quality. Is the the standard for transmitters? Can anyone recommend a better route?

·
Registered
133 Posts
We had the Belkin for my g/f's iPod. It sucked. We bought an iTrip, and it works much, much better. We have found though, that when the battery on the MP3 player starts to lose its life, you start to hear more static. Possibly because the signal is not as stong?

As for volume, we usually turn it up about 1/2way on the iPod and then control it with the receiver. If you turn it up too loud though (MP3), you'll hear tons of static as well....

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
I got a cheap one from radio shack that worked pretty well (it's packed away somewhere and I forget the name of it).

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Hardwired is the only way to go. Any transmitter will pull in static, and even the best of them remove too much of the highs and lows.

If you have an aux port, just hardwire it in. If not, might be time to upgrade the head unit.

You can use the CD Changer kits, but you lose the functionality of your changer...which stinks.

P.I.E. makes some good kits depending on the make of the unit. It's worth the extra effort and money to make it right. FM transmitters are poo. All of 'em.

·
Holier Than Thou
8,706 Posts
The transmitter in my Sirius system gets the job done but like Milo said they're all pretty much "Poo".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts