Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been experienceing fogging problems with my tz1 so i decided to try out some antifog visor inserts from Fog City to see if they could help. Long story short they rock! They work alot better than any of the sprays i've tried before. I just rode home in the rain with them on for the first time and it was so much better than without it. Used to riding in the rain was pretty rough because my shield would fog then i'd crack it to unfog it and get wet or hit in the eyes with rain this was much better no fogging at all where the insert was. Sorry if this is kinda rambly i'm just really pleased with this product. Now to go find some hot coccoa i'm cold and wet :( .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,372 Posts
i had one in my helmet and didn't like it at all. it was just strangely distracting and caused weird glare. but some people swear by them.
 

·
Falling asleep to the sound of gunfire, nightly.
Joined
·
6,609 Posts
Something better than the Fog City: www.respro.com check out the Foggy mask. Unlike the Fog City sheild it doesn't get scuffed up and need replacing. Keeps your mug warm on cold days. Keeps the air from swirling around your eyes. Best of all, keeps your visor from fogging with out vinyl inserts are chemicals. Just thought I'd throw out another option.
 

·
Rule #34
Joined
·
14,508 Posts
The fog city insert does work well but it gets AFU fast if you are not careful. I go through one a month or so.

The foggy mask looks good in theory but my head will give off steam and fog the mask. I can hold my breath as soon as I put on the helmet and it starts fogging when it's cold enough.
 

·
Falling asleep to the sound of gunfire, nightly.
Joined
·
6,609 Posts
To each his own. I've used both and like the Foggy mask much better. My visor has never fogged up with the Foggy (I ride to work everyday).
 

·
Rule #34
Joined
·
14,508 Posts
Stupify said:
To each his own. I've used both and like the Foggy mask much better. My visor has never fogged up with the Foggy (I ride to work everyday).
I'll have to check it out. I know the fog city works but @ $15 a month...I'd rather spend the $25 or so and not worry about it ever again. Thanks for the link.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does get kind of dirty sometimes but i just run a wet rag over it every 3 or 4 days and it's cool. I've had mine about a month and haven't needed to replace it yet but with my luck if i say that today the thing will fall apart tomorow. It does have some glare at night but i got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. Heres a link to there site http://www.modernworld.com/ and if you can't find one locally to check out i believe tricktape stocks them also. The mask idea is interesting i wouldn't mind checking one of those out, but the breath guard that shoei sells didn't help out that much with mine so i'm not sure how much help it would be.
 

·
Falling asleep to the sound of gunfire, nightly.
Joined
·
6,609 Posts
mushin_042 said:
It does get kind of dirty sometimes but i just run a wet rag over it every 3 or 4 days and it's cool. I've had mine about a month and haven't needed to replace it yet but with my luck if i say that today the thing will fall apart tomorow. It does have some glare at night but i got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. Heres a link to there site http://www.modernworld.com/ and if you can't find one locally to check out i believe tricktape stocks them also. The mask idea is interesting i wouldn't mind checking one of those out, but the breath guard that shoei sells didn't help out that much with mine so i'm not sure how much help it would be.
When I found that fog city insert, I was in heaven. I thought I found the best thing on the planet. I still like them.

The good thing about the mask is that when you put your lid on, the mask seals to your face. Keeps your breath from coming up to the visor.

Either one are awesome products. :thumb for both
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Stupify said:
Something better than the Fog City: www.respro.com check out the Foggy mask. Unlike the Fog City sheild it doesn't get scuffed up and need replacing. Keeps your mug warm on cold days. Keeps the air from swirling around your eyes. Best of all, keeps your visor from fogging with out vinyl inserts are chemicals. Just thought I'd throw out another option.
Sweet! I just ordered the "City Mask" to keep out nasty pollutants and smog on my commute. I don't fog up that much...mostly I just get sick of smelling other people's exhaust on the nasty LA freeways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,187 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,779 Posts
Had something like that- auto-tint dealie, don't know if it was the same brand or not. Worked well for a few months until i ended up on a 5-hour ride in a downpour- water finally got between the insert and the visor, making it difficult to see through. It could be that i just screwed up the installation (it's a little tricky). Unfortunately, the adhesive had bonded with the shield, so my shield has a permanent outline from the insert. Gotta get a new one of them sooner or later :(

...dave
:redcreep
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top