Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

FOOT HELP!!!!

1K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  Steel Chicken 
#1 ·
I have something on my foot....mostly the toes.

I'm not able to post a pic any time soon, but it's NOT athlete's foot. I've checked the photos and it isn't anything close.

The toes (tops only) have redness on a few of them. The worst have a huge swolen bump and one has subdermal bleeding....mostly from scratching.

If I can keep them cold and dry, it seems to get better but every time I put on socks and shoes, it gets irritated all over again and burns.

I've tried athlete's foot spray. It does soothe and comfort, but it doesn't really "solve" the problem. I'm also using clortrimazole cream that the pharmacist recommended. It helps, but again, if I put on shoes and socks, it get irritated as soon as I start perspiring.

Anything that works? I need to keep my feet in shoes & socks all day. I don't know if or what I can bandage the toes with to isolate them from irritation. I don't know if there's something I can soak them in or apply to kill whatever started this.

I'd see a doctor, but at $75 min just for the office visit and no indication on the web that it's anything more than a contact allergy, I doubt he'll do much to help but make my wallet lighter. :(

I'll post a picture as soon as I get home.

See less See more
#2 ·
:eek :eek :barf

BG, my older brother had the same stuff (sounds like) when he came home from the Navy. Turned out, he had an infection and it took some SERIOUS anti-biotics to kill it. You could lose your toes if your not careful :shake

What IS it with you guys and not taking care of your feet???? :confused

#5 ·
Gee....small comfort. I'll get home in the next hour. Then, I'll post a pic of it.

I think it started with wearing a pair of uncomfortable shoes for a job interview, but I'm not sure. I don't see why I should need antibiotics for it.

#10 ·
Doc put me on Prednizone(sp?) to fix up my feet, over the summer. I had red itchy rash, with raised bumps on my feet. I thought it was poison ivy, but he said it was an allergic reaction to something else. :confused

#12 ·
Could be Jungle Rot... most often found on those in the military that live life in boots. An army nurse once told me they would give gyne-lotrimin to the troops without the labeling on the tubes. :shrug seems the boys had issues with putting it on their feet if the knew what it was REALLY made for :shrug But, it worked like a charm...

#13 ·
azoomm said:
Could be Jungle Rot... most often found on those in the military that live life in boots. An army nurse once told me they would give gyne-lotrimin to the troops without the labeling on the tubes. :shrug seems the boys had issues with putting it on their feet if the knew what it was REALLY made for :shrug But, it worked like a charm...
so THAT's where the term pussyfoot came from... :crackup

#14 ·
azoomm said:
An army nurse once told me they would give gyne-lotrimin to the troops without the labeling on the tubes. :shrug seems the boys had issues with putting it on their feet if the knew what it was REALLY made for :shrug But, it worked like a charm...
tis true...

sometimes we'd be in the field for a month and w/no shower, you tend to get interesting itches from time to time, especially in the hotter months.

The cure? Vagasil. It's cheaper and stronger than athlete's foot or jock itch meds and works great :thumb

btw: BG please post as a .bmp file so only those who want to see it have to...wait, screw that, if they click this thread they deserve it :laughing

#17 ·
Reyndogg said:
btw: BG please post as a .bmp file so only those who want to see it have to...wait, screw that, if they click this thread they deserve it :laughing
Right, right... note to self ~ do not EVER click on this thread again :shake

#20 ·
Pic #1....

Nice to hear about Vagisil. It itches like a madman unless I keep the foot exposed to air and dry. Sweat makes it itch.

I was wearing boot socks to keep the feet warm around the house. Stayed in the same pair all week. Didn't think it would matter.

The only red parts are were I've (like an idiot) scratched them to make them worse....but they itch so much. :(

Right foot (the worse of the two)....

#22 ·
I was a little worried about the pics too, but I have to say BG, you've got some nice feet! I'm sure they look so much better when they aren't infected, but even with the infection, they aren't bad lookin' feet, by far! Other than that, I have nothing useful to add to this thread :thumb

#25 ·
I think the uncomfortable shoes I had to wear to my job interviews and the dress socks are the start of it. Once the skin was rubbed raw, being in boot socks just let the sweat and nasty foot germs go to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.