• Other.....

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Tatters in the Tree House
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ziadel's thread made me think of this. For those of you who used to smoke how did you quit? I'm tring and can't find anything that really helps.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Cold Turkey. I had quit for 3 years when a smoker girlfriend moved in, well I picked the habit back up. When she left, the week before Christmas '99:doublefli, so did the habit.

·
Ask me if I care ...
2,777 Posts
when I found out I was preggo I quit cold turkey...never had the urge to smoke during..honestly made me wanna get sick...but after, like now, I want to when we go out to the bar, after eating, after riding, in the morning, before bed, after nookie..;)

most of the time I chew gum...it helps alot...:D

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
I've been thinking about quitting..
I did once for a few weeks..
had to wear 2 of those stupid patches tho...
I dunno...I cant smoke 2 packs a day for much longer without irreversible effects..

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Never started the shits bad for ya but crack on the other hand its not addictive:redflip

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
oh yeah, FYI guys, Zyban has been known to cause irreversible facial ticks...
really.

·
Registered
11 Posts
just quit cold turkey. only way to do it. it seriously takes a couple months to get back to normal. I'm at a month today. Ditto on the Zyban. I have a froend on it had to go to the hospital Saturday for a damn near nervous breakdown because of it

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Manic said:
just quit cold turkey. only way to do it. it seriously takes a couple months to get back to normal. I'm at a month today. Ditto on the Zyban. I have a froend on it had to go to the hospital Saturday for a damn near nervous breakdown because of it

yeppers...I tell people these things and they think I am nuts...
Well its been approved by the FDA....pfft, FDA hs its head up its ass

·
Registered
98 Posts
stylemaster53 said:
Ziadel's thread made me think of this. For those of you who used to smoke how did you quit? I'm tring and can't find anything that really helps.
same boat as you bro. i once quit for 2 yrs. then i fukked up and started back with well 1 wont hurt. BS! i will say congrats to those that have quit. one day i hope to join your club again.

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Manic said:
Yea a buddy of mine used Zyban and for like 2 weeks you couldn't talk to him. He was always pissed off. The doctor told him he would have major mood swings. That's something I can't have because If I snap at the wrong person at work then I won't have to worrie about smoking because I won't have the money to buy them after I lose my job....lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Cold Turkey. Yeah it sucks for a little while, but once you get over it, you never want to go back through it again. I smoked for ten years and was up to 2 packs a day, and I have now been off for over 2.5 years.

Just go cold turkey and never have the first cigarette again.

·
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: Former Smokers

SILVERBULLET-RR said:
same boat as you bro. i once quit for 2 yrs. then i fukked up and started back with well 1 wont hurt. BS! i will say congrats to those that have quit. one day i hope to join your club again.
I quit once back when I was 18 for baseball. I don't remember it being this bad but I also wasn't smoking as much. I don't know why I picked the damn habit back up. Stupid I guess :shrug

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I started chewing and dipping....

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
went turkey baby. was hard for the first year especially hanging out at bars and the ride afterwards. Now i hate the smell of smoke

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cold Turkey, is the only thing that has lasted.

I quit with the patch a few times befored didn't help, but the permanant deal has been just stopping.

Two big things that helped...

You pretty much can't smoke anywhere in Cali. anymore.

Smokes are about $4 a pack (soon to be raised again). If not for my health, I quit for the fact that I'm a cheap bastard.

·
Mile high club instructor
3,324 Posts
Cold turkey.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hypnotism, unbelievable what your own mind can do when directed properly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts