Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this sounds like a commercial but this is a real post I made on WERA's (race org) website. There's a preview at the site selling the CD www.customflix.com/205296 . This is not a 'advertising' because I'm not telling you you should go buy it (you should): I'm just telling you how freaking cool it is!

Original post: This weekend I and a few others had the HONOR of premiering Mark B's (WERA GSX-R 600 racer) soon to be released DVD called: RoadRACE!

It's a onboard and pit side filmed "highlight" of the 2003 WERA season. Mark was brilliant with camera placement and editing. The back ground music from two up and coming bands is freaking rocking! (I actually want CDs from them now). This is as professionally made video as it can get!

PLUS the thing has on board video of EVERY SE region track from the pilot's seat with turn numbers!!!!! Talk about winter chair racing!

He's gonna try and have it out by Christmas and portions of the proceeds goto the AirFence fund.

There was a room full of drunken idiots that were completely entranced through TWO viewings of this awesome video. The cheering at times drowned out my surround sound that was set to 11.

I personally cannot wait until this video goes on sale... Period.. Unbiased opinion.

Plus act now and he'll include 2 full seconds of my pumpkin head filling the entire screen from Barber's... You HAVE to have a 32 inch or larger television for the full effect. Hahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Looks good, give us the reviews...if its good I'll order a copy!

·
Forum Leader,
17,386 Posts
Ok...

very cool footage, good music.

I like the turn by turn runs on each track at the end too :thumb

overall, im glad I bought it :thumb

·
Teabagger is a Fat Bitch
1,368 Posts
I just orded a copy, can't wait to see it.

·
Win if you can, finish if you can't
1,958 Posts
I have it and watched it a handful of times already. It has lots of good racing footage. An awsome intro to what it is like for the beginners (like me) that want to start racing this year. Shows all tracks in the SE Region. Also shows some fast guy stuff with Greg Moore...

I got some glitches on the sub-menu screens, but that does not effect the actual video playing. Lots of excellent camera angles. Hand held ones are a little shakey at times. Overall: Kiss ass video, worth the money!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Huey130 directed me over here, and thanks for the plug there btw - I owe you more drinks than you can drink. Anyway, thanks for all the intrest in this. I've written a check for $900 to the AirFence fund for the sales from 18th Dec to 31st Dec - so a big thanks to those that bought it. And thanks to Huey for his help with the artwork.

The responses I've had for the DVD have been really good, much better than I expected. The production company for it (customflix.com) are really good, so any technical questions/problems can be answered by them, they will even refund if necessary.

This is a really cool site by the way, think I'd like to hand around here a bit. Certainly less acrimonious than WERA.com :D;)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Huey, is your sv650 and rider on there?

awesome idea! Wera has really stepped it up as far as rider competency in the last few years, they are damn near pro it seems!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crave said:
Huey, is your sv650 and rider on there?

awesome idea! Wera has really stepped it up as far as rider competency in the last few years, they are damn near pro it seems!
My fat head is in there at Barbers.. And the WERA / AMA Pirelli guy (MOoose) is in it wearing a BBC Racing hat I gave him....

But most of the footage is on 600s...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts