Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I see as being a major cause of issues on our highways is the fact that no one wants to be "NEXT". God forbid you arrive at work exactly 5 seconds later because you let someone merge in front of you.

And with this picture I rest my case. ASSHATS ARE EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have gone through the dulles toll booth gates before on my motorcycle with a car next to me because I certainly didn't seem to be using the whole lane and he needed it too. Not much room in there for both vehicles.
whodat

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I've seen this same thing happen in NASCAR. One leaving pit lane, the other entering.

That's what TV does to people!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Right after 9/11, things on the road seemed to become a bit more genteel. That ended about6 months later, and now it's back to a total free-for-all.

Sorry, but I'm all for making it a privilege to drive--pay $$ to obtain a license AFTER you pass a hard-ass written and driving test.

We need the feds to pay for about 500 more officers in the area and ticket every asshat who currently drives (we all know there are many w/out/on suspended licenses) for the most minor of offenses, teach them some damned manners :rant :laughing

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
jbeemw said:
Right after 9/11, things on the road seemed to become a bit more genteel. That ended about6 months later, and now it's back to a total free-for-all.

Sorry, but I'm all for making it a privilege to drive--pay $$ to obtain a license AFTER you pass a hard-ass written and driving test.

We need the feds to pay for about 500 more officers in the area and ticket every asshat who currently drives (we all know there are many w/out/on suspended licenses) for the most minor of offenses, teach them some damned manners :rant :laughing

Ass-hatery occurs everywhere and I'm sure doesn't begin with driving. I agree about the lack of manners and common courtesy but I'll never agree about using law enforcement as a way to teach anything....especially mannerisms. Having bad manners is not illegal. Those things need to be taught long before someone gets behind a wheel.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yo, we teach them in school, and then they un-learn it at home.:shake

I agree about the law enforcement part. I was just ranting . . . it's Monday after the Superbowl:nanana

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
jbeemw said:
Yo, we teach them in school, and then they un-learn it at home.:shake

I agree about the law enforcement part. I was just ranting . . . it's Monday after the Superbowl:nanana

I know...I have a case of the Mondays too. :(

As much as I admire and respect someone that does what you do...I don't envy you. I was taught good manners before I started skool. School was a place where those teachings were practiced not taught as something "new". I feel for you, truely.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Actually, the kids, 99 percent of them, are great. I love them like crazy. Some of them come from 0 manners at home. Some are just spoiled, some are neglected, some are heading down really unfortunate roads (that totally breaks my heart--I wish I could adopt several each year).

I have a vivid imagination, and in my mind, if we all had manners and civility first in our minds instead of "what's in it for me," the world would be a better place. Law enforcement already does a lot of babysitting, poor things.

I now have to deal with my flighty daughter who's not bringing home the right grades. I will now turn into Super Shrew ;) Some would say, "whatdoya mean, turn into?" :laughing God, this Monday sucks. At least I'm not in Stillie's shoes . . . .

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
RANT

OK - so I'm rolling down the HOV lanes somewhere near 3PM, what anyone with a brain would call RUSH HOUR in the D.C. Metro area. I have an obvious moron (minivan) in left lane. 60mph in 65mph zone. Nuff said. Dude in an H2 is riding asshat's rear (as is appropriate) I assume giving them the universal MOVE THE FUCK OVER body language.

Asshat minivan driver moves right. OK. Now NEW asshat in H2 sits with open road ahead, doing 60mph IN THE LEFT GODDAMN LANE AT 3PM ON THE HOV LANES IN A 65MPH ZONE.

Now, I don't know whether dude is a control freak, bored, on the phone, or what, but if I were king, well, it would be a dark day. So I pass this moron on the right, and shocker, he moves into the right lane. Amazing...

I would like to say that in general, people suck.

/RANT

That is all

Barry

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
rekoniz said:
Having bad manners is not illegal.
Most bad manners involving a 4000lb vehicle at highway speeds also involve a violation of law. I actually do try to ticket those with bad manners. Everyone violates traffic laws. You can't get from point A to point B around here without doing that. I try and target those individuals that have appointed themselves "important". Not JUST important, but MORE important than everyone else on the road.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
GoGo Gadget said:
Everyone violates traffic laws. You can't get from point A to point B around here without doing that.

So the laws you uphold have made everyone criminals. Way to go!

Throw the book at me...and I'll send it back with pubic hair and the pages stuck together.

·
^RULES^
855 Posts
HooliKen said:
What I see as being a major cause of issues on our highways is the fact that no one wants to be "NEXT". God forbid you arrive at work exactly 5 seconds later because you let someone merge in front of you

2 men enter, 1 man leave. there can be only one highlander

·
Registered
473 Posts
HooliKen said:
What I see as being a major cause of issues on our highways is the fact that no one wants to be "NEXT". God forbid you arrive at work exactly 5 seconds later because you let someone merge in front of you.

Can you tell me where this took place? New York, Jersey, or Philly? is my guess.

:clap Don't care what you say, those two had grande cojones to get that far and not let off the gas.

·
Get a Pair
1,469 Posts
Imagine being the toll booth operator when that took place. I would have jumped on their hoods and laughed maniacally while dialing the cops.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
quixoticchaotic said:
Imagine being the toll booth operator when that took place. I would have jumped on their hoods and laughed maniacally while dialing the cops.
I've seen you do that during routine traffic jams :nanana

·
Registered
936 Posts
Re: Re: From the nobody wants to be next file!

Fighterjet said:

:clap Don't care what you say, those two had grande cojones to get that far and not let off the gas.
I doubt it had anything to do w/ courage.

I'm betting it was a couple of cellphone jockeys who never saw each other till they were doing the bump at the booth.

·
Registered
936 Posts
rekoniz said:
So the laws you uphold have made everyone criminals. Way to go!

Throw the book at me...and I'll send it back with pubic hair and the pages stuck together.
Yuck! Wrong book.

Todd doesn't make the rules, our bought & paid for representatives do.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
L8RGYZ said:
Yuck! Wrong book.

Todd doesn't make the rules, our bought & paid for representatives do.

Yes, I know. I just like to push Todd's 5-0 buttons from time to time.

and believe me, he likes it when I do. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts