Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am done with track stuff till next Feb or March (going out of the country), there is almost a full tank of fuel in the F3. Should I:

a) Drain the tank. I've heard empty tank promotes rust..true?
b) Just add some stabil. If I do this is the fuel still useable with the stabil mixed in?
c) Just leave it since its only 2 months or so. Will the gas still be good? Should I turn the petcock off and run the bike till it dies to empty out the carbs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
well since your in cali i can't see you getting snowed in...i would just leave it like it is and just crank it every week or so and let it get to operating temp and cut it off

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Two months, I would just leave it and not worry about it. There was a thread the other day about this, most people agreed gas doesn't go bad for at least six months.

Or you can just have me ride the bike until it's empty. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
mph said:
Two months, I would just leave it and not worry about it. There was a thread the other day about this, most people agreed gas doesn't go bad for at least six months.

Or you can just have me ride the bike until it's empty. :D

i would worry about the batterygoing dead before the gas going bad, esp. seeing how your in cali.:D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dont worry about it, at most turn the fuel petcock off and run the bike till the carbs are dry.

Then unhook the battery.

·
Registered
47 Posts
D duck said:
Dont worry about it, at most turn the fuel petcock off and run the bike till the carbs are dry.

Then unhook the battery.
+1

·
The guy in front of you!
987 Posts
Considering according to his profile, it's an F4i, there are no worries about carbs. The most important thing would be to fill the tank ALL the way to the edge of the filler neck. Any airspace will promote rust over a period of sitting.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Turbo Ghost said:
Considering according to his profile, it's an F4i, there are no worries about carbs. The most important thing would be to fill the tank ALL the way to the edge of the filler neck. Any airspace will promote rust over a period of sitting.
Considering he is talking about his 95 F3, he HAS carbs.:redflip

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
BBQ Chef said:
Considering he is talking about his 95 F3, he HAS carbs.:redflip
:eek :crackup

CA... wouldn't worry to much about it (warm weather...:rant okay, I'm done)

If it's only gonna be a couple of months, I wouldn't worry about draining the tank either... :shrug

·
The guy in front of you!
987 Posts
I have got to quit replying when I'm tired!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts