Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The information is true and through our PGC contacts we were able to get the details

There have been at least three incidents lately where two black males posing as law enforcement pulled up to parked vehicles in parking lots. The suspects had on black raid jackets. One witness said "Agent" was written a second said "Federal Agent." The suspects approached the victim’s vehicle, showed a star shaped badge resembling a PG County badge, and asked for identification. They went through the wallet, checked ID, and then returned the wallet, MINUS MONEY, and fled the scene. The suspect's vehicle is a dark green or black mini van with a chrome Chevy of Chrysler plate on the front instead of a license plate. There are also Bad Boy stickers on the driver side window. There have been two incidents in Hyattsville and one in Brandywine. Both PG and Hyattsville are investigating. There has been one arrest but at this time it is unknown if he is actually involved.

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
1) If I get asked for ID, I always remove my license from my wallet.
2) Flashing a badge doesn't mean shit. Ask to see their credentials if you're concerned that they are not real LEOs.

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Maybe I should be a little more careful too. Hell, someone could flash a Hardee's ashtray at me and I'd pull over.

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
If you don't look like a cop, I don't pull over.. I don't care if you got a badge or naked pics of Brittney Spears.

Wouldn't find money in my wallet anyways.. I am married :redflip

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Scot said:
Hell, someone could flash a Hardee's ashtray at me and I'd pull over.
Only if 1) he was cute or 2) there was a big roast beef in the ashtray.

:nanana

Barry

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
When I ask for ID, if they hand me their wallet, I don't take it. I tell them to remove their ID and hand that to me. Their wallet is coated in ass sweat, why would I want that?

·
Mr. Practicality to you!
1,365 Posts
Shit, credentials are just as easy, if not easier to create than phoney clothing or a badge. If in doubt, always ask for them to call a marked unit.

Gogo... good point about wallets and ass sweat. I know mine can get a bit juicey on a hot day. :laughing

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
GoGo Gadget said:
Their wallet is coated in ass sweat, why would I want that?
You wouldn't. Name's not Scot. Nuff said.

Barry

ps - anyone else get the "Hammer Scot Friday" memo?

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
dan said:
Shit, credentials are just as easy, if not easier to create than phoney clothing or a badge. If in doubt, always ask for them to call a marked unit.
True, creds can be faked, but I can't see the typical dumbass criminal making that big of an effort. You can buy a POLICE shirt and a badge anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts