Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i have alpinestars tech 8 boots i like em but i'm ready for a new pair. how are the gaerne sg 10's anyone have any good news, bad news about them??

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not sure about the SG10's but I have an older pair of Gaerne racing boots and have no complaints about them whatsoever. They're really comfy and accomodate my large calves rather well. I haven't crash tested them and hope I never have to but they have held up well after 3 years of riding. The best part was that I was able to get them for a really good price. I say if the price is right, then go for it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I got some G-rs boots for christmas and just messing around in them they've felt pretty good. The only bad thing is the zipper in the back is hard to zip up with the leathers tucked in and if you have normal size calves. I was able to get them for $150 from a dealer so I couldn't pass that up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i've had the same boots now for several months. the boots will loosen up and the zipper won't be a problem. paid about $230, but worth it, although $150 would have been much nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i'm super happy with the protection of my tech 8's. i cased it hard off a 65 foot double. i broke my pelvis, my arm, sprained my other wrist, bruises scrapes, but my feet and ankles were perfectly fine. i swear by them for protection, but i'm ready for sumthing different

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i don't like the looks of em. they must be good for that kinda money tho. anyone know wher to buy new soles for tech 8's and how much it cost to get em done?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.