Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I wanna go faasssssst!!!
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm finally going to get to close on my second house soon now that my buyers mortgage has come through. I want to build an addition to the existing garage and need to find out about building costs. I have some very skilled friends, so most of the work will be done by myself and friends, except the slab. I want to build 32'x26' w/loft and a 16'x4' leanto on the backside of the existing garage for the compressor and other storage. (I found plans for what I need on the internet w/build list so that much is easy). What I'm trying to find out is what is the least expensive way to build? standard stick frame? Pole barn? metal prefab? something else? how much additional cost to go 36'x26'. I'm sure there are a few construction workers, remodelers on this board that would have an idea what I'm looking at here. Anyone help me out? Anyone in VA know the sqft percentage around here? I'll have .94 acres with a 900 sq ft house and 20'x16' garage, how big could I go?

·
Registered
24,660 Posts
i got a friend that works for US Buildings that can probably get you a damn good deal on a metal building, any size you want.. you could at least call and get some prices 1 800 222 6335 ask for Johnny Sturgill and tell him Steve sent you, he can probably hook you up..

he will be working tomorrow

1 - 2 of 2 Posts