Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.newenough.com is selling Teknic violator gloves for like 75 bucks shipped these gloves go for 130 bucks normaly if you love your hands this is a steal of a deal;) I got some :toothy

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
Already ahead of ya on that one. Got mine last week. I'll totally miss my silverstone gloves, but the violators are pretty nice (not to mention bling bling with the chrome).
Also picked me up a chicane suit and Sidi boots for way cheap there. Good cust service too.:1eye

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am prolly gonna get some sidi ,alpinestars or oxtar boots if you guys see any deal please keep me updated;)

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
I agree with Jason they have excellent customer service. I wish the teknic's fit me , but they simple dont feel right on the hands. Narf was with me when I tried a couple pairs on in TN. I think they wanted 75 for them, I got the older set due to a good fit.

I did try on a set of tour master carbon sports and they fit great. Close to the same glove at about 80 new. Its got to be a comfortable fit for me to buy a glove, cant ride with a strange feeling in my hands.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Dr.Dover said:
I am prolly gonna get some sidi ,alpinestars or oxtar boots if you guys see any deal please keep me updated;)
I was quoted a price of $206.00 for a pair of Sidi verts at Charlotte Honda on Freedom drive. I was planing on asking the guys at Gastonia Yammi what kind of deal they could work, see if they can beat that. They sure did on a set of M1's....$200 for the set. :eek:

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
I got my Sidi vertebra's for about $145 on newenough... they are the original vertebra's and not the vertebra II's but I read up on the differences and there's absolutely none besides color really....

And as for the Teknic gloves, I've noticed after 2 sets that you should always get a set that fits small on you when they are new, since they mould very well to your hand and stretch out a little. Though they usually are sized down already. They break in very easily.

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
Well the way I buy gloves if the piece between the fingers touches new...they are too big, but all the teknic V gloves did that except the ones I bought ...I think they are violator II's?

7R had a set and said they held up good. all summer and they are still like new. Really just getting the carbon to form fit

·
Registered
846 Posts
TLstreak said:
Well the way I buy gloves if the piece between the fingers touches new...they are too big, but all the teknic V gloves did that except the ones I bought ...I think they are violator II's?

7R had a set and said they held up good. all summer and they are still like new. Really just getting the carbon to form fit
You talking about the gloves you bought at that shop in TN? If so, those weren't violator IIs. The gloves that I had were the IIs. I bought the gloves at new enough back when they weren't that cheap :eek:

The new Violators are really nice, much better than the IIs I had before. Better construction, better closure, better fit. I hate the chrome though.

·
Registered
704 Posts
did someone say chrome gloves:D :toothy

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
oh hell, That's ALL the bling bling boy needed to hear...:rolleyes

·
Registered
559 Posts
scrambler- JoeRocket has some new 2003 chrome gloves-- Veeeeeeery nice-- did I say chrome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts