Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Genius of the 20/21st century..

aight, who do you guys think are the geniuses of the 10th/21st century...
can be anything...
rocket engineers, poets, athletes...
anyone you think is a genius...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excessa said:
I know you didn't just misspell genius three times...

:D
what are you talking about :redflip
 

·
Back in the shade where I belong.
Joined
·
12,261 Posts
genuis

keats was THE poetical genius
Jordan is the athlete which all others will be measured against
and of course all those involved with the technological advances of mankind, i.e. the scientists in the Manhattan Project
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: genuis

citadel650 said:
keats was THE poetical genius
Jordan is the athlete which all others will be measured against
and of course all those involved with the technological advances of mankind, i.e. the scientists in the Manhattan Project
you mean the guys who built the bomb?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, those were some smart dudes...
Einstein prolly gets my vote now that I think about it..
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
17,102 Posts
Mahatma Ghandi. He stood up to the entire British Army with a handful of salt, and rallied and unarmed and subjugated nation behind him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,414 Posts
yeah, I'll agree with the guys that built the bomb. Einstein is the man. I just wish he had put it all to better use, but I guess he got roped into thinking he would save humanity by making a bomb.
 

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
Joined
·
3,456 Posts
Stephen Hawkin (the guy in the wheelchair)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lightner22 said:
yeah, I'll agree with the guys that built the bomb. Einstein is the man. I just wish he had put it all to better use, but I guess he got roped into thinking he would save humanity by making a bomb.

Einstein did NOT want a bomb...
From what I have read, and seen on TV, he was very sad aboutthat for the remainder of his years...
His intentiuon was cheap energy..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lightner22 said:
I don't know that much about him, although I have heard that he is a mental force. Care to elaborate on some of the things he has done??
a lot of his theories have already been disproved tho....I'm not trying to say hes not a genuis, just that hes gotta go back to the drawing board...
I think he came up with the big bang idea...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,414 Posts
ziadel said:
Einstein did NOT want a bomb...
From what I have read, and seen on TV, he was very sad aboutthat for the remainder of his years...
His intentiuon was cheap energy..
agreed, I think that we (the US) also roped him into it by telling him the Nazi's were going to come up with it sooner or later, and it would be better for us to have it. Can't really argue with that. I'm just thinking it was a terrible waste of all his work to create a bomb with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, it was kinda shitty, saved a lotta US lives tho...
 

·
Back in the shade where I belong.
Joined
·
12,261 Posts
the bomb

ziadel said:
yeah, it was kinda shitty, saved a lotta US lives tho...

couldn't agree with you more and as it was pointed out before the Germans were developing one also and how do you think they would have used it?


Yes, the bomb did kill many lives, but how many more did it save?
Not to mention the political ramifications of using it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: the bomb

citadel650 said:
couldn't agree with you more and as it was pointed out before the Germans were developing one also and how do you think they would have used it?


Yes, the bomb did kill many lives, but how many more did it save?
Not to mention the political ramifications of using it.
yeah, the Japs would have fought to the last man had we not smacked em down with the nuke...
 

·
Back in the shade where I belong.
Joined
·
12,261 Posts
the use of the bombs

was more than just for the japs though. It sent a message to the Russians that we had the technology and were not afraid to use it. As scared as America was of Russia during the cold war, they were terrified of us because we had showed earlier that we will nuke your ass.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top