Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was riding today and was coming up to a red light, and I see something bouncing towards me kinda fast. It kinda spooked me, but I stopped for the light and the darn things hits me in the leg. When it had bounced off, and laying on the ground I see that it is a gas cap. I'm like What the...? There are no cars that I noticed it could have popped off of, so I'm not sure where it came from.

It made me laugh though.:laughing

SO...what strange things have ya'll been hit by? Other than a car or the pavement.

·
Highly Volitale Substance
2,512 Posts
A Wendys salad bowl, an Arbys soda cup(the LARGE :mad size), a few cigarette butts, plenty of bugs, and 1 real close call from a blackbird.(the actual bird, not the bike)

Oh and an empty plastic trashcan from a guy hauling untied trash... he was already pulled over ready for my redemption, and he got it too.

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
:laughing Just the usual things - bugs, rocks etc.

I've been crapped on by a bird a couple of times. (One of them was friggin gigantic - nearly ripped me off of my bike when it ook it square in the chest)

My older brother got nailed by a peacock in the backroads of washington. :laughing

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Cigarette butts, lit ( :mad ) A couple of cups, dodged a bundle of roofing shingles (damn ******** down here don't know how to tie anything down. :rant ), and dodged a piece of PVC pipe as it rolled towards me. I've been pegged by a clump of Louisiana red clay. That shit hurt! :rant

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
I got smacked dead in my new visor by a damned seagull. Scratched the hell out of it:rant

Had a Wal-Mart bag cover my headlight while I was doing 75 on the tollway and been hit by a ton of garbage. Had a bitch throw a McD's cup, prolly over 1/2 full, out and splash all over me when it hit the ground.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Dodged cars..got hit in the face with a basketball many times..hit with rocks, beer cans and got hit a good 10,000 times in the nuts with brooms and any other sticks..and all were good times :laughing. I miss it

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Lacadee said:
Dodged cars..got hit in the face with a basketball many times..hit with rocks, beer cans and got hit a good 10,000 times in the nuts with brooms and any other sticks..and all were good times :laughing. I miss it
We were talking about when you're on the bike. Not when someone has you hog tied to a phone pole! :crackup

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
SV_Rogue said:
We were talking about when you're on the bike. Not when someone has you hog tied to a phone pole! :crackup
"SO...what strange things have ya'll been hit by? Other than a car or the pavement."

Even though it was on a bike he didnt post "what things have you been hit by on a bike" in that sentence :redflip Either way..feel free to laugh at my misery :laughing

·
Registered
470 Posts
my cuz and i are cruising along and having a good ride,he make's a pass on a car in the way and promptly turn's his head right to release a loogie,apparently he didn't expect me to be right behind him.
thank god for the visor,it hit me square to the middle.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lacadee said:
"SO...what strange things have ya'll been hit by? Other than a car or the pavement."

Even though it was on a bike he didnt post "what things have you been hit by on a bike" in that sentence :redflip Either way..feel free to laugh at my misery :laughing
um....I'm a girl...:rolleyes

But you're right...I did not specify...but thank you for sharing. I was entertained by that...that was the whole point of this thread!:D

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hmm getting hit by stuff,a Car cutting me of at 70, a Bumble bee {one of Nick's brothers}fugger got caught in my helmet. Texas sized Stink bugs hurt cruisin at 85. And last but not least a rock hitting me on the shin, With a group of friends on texas road 337.:shake

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
flatlander said:
my cuz and i are cruising along and having a good ride,he make's a pass on a car in the way and promptly turn's his head right to release a loogie,apparently he didn't expect me to be right behind him.
thank god for the visor,it hit me square to the middle.
I'm guessing he wasn't wearing a full face helmet? I tried to spit gum out of my mouth once with my full face on and I found it on my crotch when I got where I was going.:shake

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
:lol

·
Das Boooooot
2,169 Posts
Myself, Gixster, and The Bone where headed to Dallas from OKC, as we were nearing Dallas, traffic was starting to thicken, we were in the fast lane going with the flow of traffic going roughly 80 ish. We were riding in a staggered formation. We were following a car, when all the sudden it ran over a plastic bumper like that would go on the front of a van. When it ran over the bumper, it kicked it up in the air, it first hit Gixster's bike near the headlight and deflected it over to the right where it hit The Bone. From there it got deflected back to me, who was following behind. I somewhat saw it coming, I got down a little bit, but still didn't have a whole lot of time to react. It hit me about forehead height. I've got scuffs on the top of my shield and on my lid from where it hit me.

There was a guy in a white Eclipse who was behind us that saw the whole thing, after that happened he pulled up beside me, gave me a big :thumb with a smile that you could kinda tell meant "god I'm glad I didn't have to run over you guys."

By far probably one of the most frightening moments I've had on the bike . :eek :eek :eek

·
Registered
369 Posts
cigarette butts, empty beer box, bugs and had one little shit of a kid hit me in the helmet w/a rock as i was riding through the neighborhood.

·
Soul Man
8,169 Posts
Extension ladder on the 405, 2x4's on I-5, beer bottle on the 110 (bounced off my front fender and hit my helmet) and some asshole in a Corolla threw a coffee cup with saucer at me ( Who the fuck takes a saucer with him?) on Sepulveda Blvd.

God I miss LA.

NOT.

JC

1 - 20 of 56 Posts