Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
seems like he as the right attitude:

"Sepang is a new circuit for me and I haven't even sat on the new ZX-RR yet, never mind ridden it, so I won't be going out there to set the world on fire in my first race. Realistically, if I can help the team continue the development work they've done so far with Akira then I'll be happy with that."

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hell everone seems to be a lapper except the Honda guys. I think it is cool Pitt will be on the bike, and Kawi needs to have the bike out there.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's cool he's on the bike and i like him,but eboz i belive would have been better.Hell,foret would have been cool(he signed for kawi next year)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Maybe EBoz is still injured after the crach he in Germany on the superbike. Foret can't ride that bike there is no review mirrors.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Well he can't be any slower that "the cube". Pitt is supposed to be the man to lead the Kawi GP effort anyway, might as well start now. I hope they've got a slipper clutch figured out, or Kawi green will become black & blue.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
he could be a diamond in the rough. You never know....

·
Registered
454 Posts
All I know is he rides the piss out of the 6r. I know it is a completely different bike but the man has skilz.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
What about Walker? Or is he not on Kawasaki's payroll? Maybe they should put Tommy Hayden on there. More Americans in GP would be nice.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Vandal said:
What about Walker? Or is he not on Kawasaki's payroll? Maybe they should put Tommy Hayden on there. More Americans in GP would be nice.
This year was the final year for Walker with Kawi. And Tommy couldn't do superbike racing, and the teams remember that.
Pitt was being rewarded for nabing Kawi a World title. I think he could be up to speed some time next year. He really want's it.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
I dont think too many of the satelite teams want Americans. They want riders from their home countries which is mostly Europe and Asia.

Tom

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
tommymac said:
I dont think too many of the satelite teams want Americans. They want riders from their home countries which is mostly Europe and Asia.

Tom
Yup, it's all about the bucks! Why do you think that Reba got the Antenna3 Yamaha ride. It's a Spanish team, he's Spanish. They need a "local rider" to sell advertising. Very few American based companies are willing to back a motorcycle racing team. Sad really.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
I had heard that on either the speed site or at one of the races. A spanish company would prefer a spanish rider over someone else even if they are a better rider. Besides american companies are dumping all their money into the nascrap teams.

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts