Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the vicinity (Phoenix, Tuscon, etc.), any useful information would be appreciated. I'm looking at a possible job in the area, and would like to know about cost of living, "real" climate information, things to do in the area/region, etc.

Thanks!

·
Rear Entry aint just for **** anymore
4,221 Posts
Its a great city. But like anyplace, there is good and bad alike.

I grew up there...much has changed. Be prepared for sub freezing temps in the winter months (Jann/Feb) and 120+ in the peak of summer.

The pollution is some of the worst in the USA as the city sits in the "Valley of the Sun"...its surrounded by mountains. Then, factor in the blow-over from L.A. along with low pressure in the winter make for an ungly skyline. Gasoline is oxigenated in the winter to allow for a cleaner air, but I am unsure of the impact on the air quality.

The city has exploded over the past 26 years since I moved there and its not about to stop. Housing is cheap, compared to FL where I live now. I found that food is much higher though.

There are many things to do there, so realistically, you will never be bored. Theatre, arts, museums, mountains, skiing, "tubing-the Salt-River", mountain climbing/hiking.

Take Grand Avenue out of town towards Vegas, then cut up the US-60 to the mountains. You'll go over Mingus Mountain, Yarnell Hill, through Jerome (an old mining town literally on the side of a mountain)and some FUN FUN FUN motorcycle roads. Keep on going through to Sedona, its beautiful, then on to Flagstaff. On the way back down, go through Prescott Valley and the town of Prescott as well.

Make the best of it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Globe has never been a destination of mine. Rather, it's a place I pass through on the way to better places like Lake Roosevelt & Apache and mountain biking trails. Wouldn't want to live there, though. Too small for me.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information!

I'm asking about the Globe/Miami area because I'm looking at a job in the area. I'll be fine with it as long as it's still within an evening's round trip to a larger city for entertainment, major airport access, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts