Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I finally found a guy who is selling a bunch of FZR parts... well, he has all the plastic I need for mine, but its FURRED... and it isn't even nice fur... its really tacky....

Anyway, for the price I can't pass it up, does anyone know how to remove this stuff safely??

TIA :toothy

·
Registered
2 Posts
it all depends on how he applied it. if he took care and saran-wrapped it first, then it'll be easy. if it's glued to the plastic you're fooked.

·
I used to be drunk and Tan damn NY
7,107 Posts
the fur is usually applied with a spray adhesive. You should be able to get it off without any major problems head down to your local fabric store and pic out something fuzzy you like have some fun with it Why the hell not right? :redflip

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a bad idea Miz, just not sure what to do... i don't want it to look silly either LOL I have someone who will paint them for free this winter (aircraft paint...its like 300 bux a quart :eek:) so I am pretty sure I am gonna take up that offer... but until then :confused

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Do you know the condition under the fur? most likely its rashed under the fur.

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah one side is good, but the other we don't know yet, anything is better then what I have though LOL :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got to see this, got any pics?

I have only seen one bike with fur and I just can't imagine why you would want to do that. It's like makin a pimp mobile out of bike, to each his own I guess.:confused

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as far as I know, people fur their bikes because they do stunts or things that rash the plastic pretty easily... anyway... that is about all that happens here in Indiana so I assume that is why this guy did it... :D If I can get pics I will show you, but I am sure you could find some nice pics of furred bikes in the stunters corner or something :D

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If the fur is that ratty, you can break out the buzz clippers and give it a trim:laughing

Seriously, if it is glued, it might help to warm the plastics with some sort of heat gun. A hair dryer will probably take way to long. Equipment rental places might rent these. If you do, be careful not to overheat the plastic and cause it to warp.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey yamahagirl,
It shouldn't be a big deal as long as they aren't cracked, and you should be able to tell from the back of the fairings, besides tell this guy who is painting them for you that it is his problem now:redflip

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bobble said:
Hey yamahagirl,
It shouldn't be a big deal as long as they aren't cracked, and you should be able to tell from the back of the fairings, besides tell this guy who is painting them for you that it is his problem now:redflip
that guy who is painting them??? Man he is a life saver :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts