Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Used to run a 15 dry shot on my bike, helped quite a bit at the drag strip (.2-.3 seconds) Right now I'm working on geting the bike runnin again, and will be working on a custom wet shot setup for 25-50shot..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run a 36 HP shot, Im hoping to go from an 11.6 to 10.9, Im also going to gear it down so Im in 6th at the end.

·
974 Posts
01 BUSA one tooth down in the front is all the mods other than the NOS ran 9.99 with out the juice put in the supposed 40 horse pill and ran a 9.73. So i'd say it works.

·
974 Posts
1/2 a second is alot. I'm shooting a dry nos system so 40 horse is the limit before doing damage. You could go with a wet system and get more out of it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a wet system, 40,60,80. 40 is safe for my 600, ,If i need the extra Ill mix some jets for 50 HP, 60 I think is a no-no!!! 80, KABOOM

·
974 Posts
Just go with a 100 horse shot blow the motor and drop in a 1000cc :toothy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 1000 engine is on the Xmas list, its a 1997 YZF1000 engine, 130 HP stock, Ill run a 60 HP shot and be close to 180-190 HP. Should be an easy low 10 sec sleeper.

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Laugh_N_Gas said:
only .2 seconds??
.2 seconds at that velocity is pretty good. The higher your trap speed the more the bike has to accelerate to over come resistance. Since he is also elapsing the 1/4th in as quickly as he is..that's less actual time he has to spray. (where as you have a full second longer to stay on the gas)

There are MANY outside factors here.

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
3,456 Posts
It looks like in your picture that you have your bottle mounted upside down and with the valve pointed backwards. You do know that the pickup tube is in the bottom of the bottle, so in the configuration you have it set up, the nitrous is getting pushed back to the "top" of the bottle, so as you use it and gain speed, the pickup tube is not picking up nitrous. Turn the bottle the other way & I bet it works a better.
You should be able to get the 1000 motor bike into the 9's easy on the gas, I run 10.3s on motor with a 750(but it is a Suzuki:redflip )

·
974 Posts
If you take out the tube inside the bottle then you can mount it like i did.:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well hell, it looks like i'm being WAY conservitive with my nitrous. I think I need to up it to a 30 shot or somthing :-D

·
Wait'll they get a load a me...
3,456 Posts
drsuzuki said:
If you take out the tube inside the bottle then you can mount it like i did.:D
a friend of mine did the same thing. I've seen a lot of people mount bottles incorrectly & figured yours was the same. Sorry bro, just trying to help out. :shrug

you think a 30 shot is fun, try a 100 shot. You gotta be on top of everything to make it work & stay together, but if you do, WOW:eek

·
974 Posts
No prob. with trying to help, It's actually good to see people help sometimes no one is willing to give adviseat all. I used to run NOS on an old 88 gsxr 1100 i hade and it was pushing about 80 horse and yeah when you hit it HELL YEAH:hubba

·
Registered
199 Posts
not bashing, just curious.... why would you want to put nos on the bike.. besides for the drag strip?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts