Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Never have but a friend of mine who rides a VFR takes his along when he rides alone occasionally.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I know a bunch of people that use gps when they are taking long rides. If they are not sure about the areas that they are going to, or if they are looking for twisty routes on there way. Also good for finding gas stops.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems as though it would provide lots of opportunities to explore without really having to divert your attention from the road. I have not seen many mounts that would work for a motorcycle.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think a few of the guys fabricated there own mounting brackets. There may be a place out there that sells them.
I will see what I can find.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
i've got a garmin streetpilot III on my bike and it's pretty cool. i'm always a bit paranoid about getting lost, so it's nice to have. but the cool part is that i can route out a ride at home on my computer and it will direct me while i'm on the road. i use a ram mount on my tubular handlebar, so it should work just as well for you guys.

garmin intro'ed a new high end model with a touchscreen to replace the spIII. but they also introduced a palm pda with all the functions of the spIII for a lot less money. plus the processor is faster and the screen is better. i'm thinking about picking one of those up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the gps link, when I get to a computer that will connect I will check out the sites.

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.