Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GONE. Oh well. Guess we now have our answer to what board we're staying on:shrug

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
They wanted to know what we were doing so it didn't waste space or become stagnant. I don't think it really sat well with a couple people that we left. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
that is where we all started. then we go and come back!! will there a next time?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
For me it had nothing to do with loyalty. I know people have mentioned that.

For me it was simple:

.ws is personally funded. It seemed to me that it would have growing pains if membership continued growing. We're restricted on content-- not a big factor. Financial, we'd be a burden. Contributions would be a financial burden on us.

CF.com is privately funded by a larger corporation. The server is new and has more than enough capacity for time to come. There's a larger member base -- pool of knowledge. If it becomes -THE- place to be, we're here, we can attract new members and great friends. We're in the spotlight. Financially, we are not a burden. CF will not take any contributions.

I know I may have misconceptions about the financial backing and capabilities of the .ws server, but truth is that bandwidth is money. The amount of crap we post is more than a fair share of money. .ws was there for us, we thanked them. It was never understood that they would be a permanent home. Honestly, I don't know why all the forums were recreated for us. It was impromptu; it was great. But there was no consensus. I knew CF was in the works the day after SBN went down.

I feel no obligation to be anywhere. GSSC was started on .ws. What difference does that really make? None to me. Sentimental feelings is all it really is. I'd rather put stability of a home (whether it be .ws or another place) over sentimentality. Let's be realistic.

Just my $0.02. :cigar

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
LOL.. :laughing Sorry, it just bothers me when people take this stuff personally.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Of course it's ALL personal, Drew... I luv ya man!!!!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Like Mark had elsewhere posted, he is happy that a lot of the load is off his server now. In the few days following the SBN Fallout, his bandwidth bill went from $150 to $600! :eek

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Man its like the nomads of the internet:D

Drew did you forget to take your meds again:redflip

You did have some good points but I had to take my shot at you too:D :D :D

Tom

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is what happened to Drew before his medication kicked in last time...we had to restrain him before he hurt someone...:twofinger

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Guess I will have to adjust his medication now.:D :D :D

I will write him some new prescriptions:laughing

Tom

·
Registered
177 Posts
Damn!

ol808lo said:
For me it had nothing to do with loyalty. I know people have mentioned that.

For me it was simple:

.ws is personally funded. It seemed to me that it would have growing pains if membership continued growing. We're restricted on content-- not a big factor. Financial, we'd be a burden. Contributions would be a financial burden on us.

CF.com is privately funded by a larger corporation. The server is new and has more than enough capacity for time to come. There's a larger member base -- pool of knowledge. If it becomes -THE- place to be, we're here, we can attract new members and great friends. We're in the spotlight. Financially, we are not a burden. CF will not take any contributions.

I know I may have misconceptions about the financial backing and capabilities of the .ws server, but truth is that bandwidth is money. The amount of crap we post is more than a fair share of money. .ws was there for us, we thanked them. It was never understood that they would be a permanent home. Honestly, I don't know why all the forums were recreated for us. It was impromptu; it was great. But there was no consensus. I knew CF was in the works the day after SBN went down.

I feel no obligation to be anywhere. GSSC was started on .ws. What difference does that really make? None to me. Sentimental feelings is all it really is. I'd rather put stability of a home (whether it be .ws or another place) over sentimentality. Let's be realistic.

Just my $0.02. :cigar
Exhale man you might pass out. :redflip

·
Registered
608 Posts
Man, you guys are all over the place! lol

I was wondering where you went to...you know, we should have a huge GSSC and TriState Meeting sometime in the spring...that would be bad....:angel1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts