Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your damn beeping walkie talkies got bought out by sprint. May your loud ass walkie talkie phone service go straight to hell. :clap :redflip

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Ummmm.... I 'spect that's going to INCREASE the coverage area for us loud ass walkie talkie phone users. :dumbass

:redflip

(They are pretty obnoxious, especially when shitheads don't show a little common courtesy in regards to where & how loud they use them. :shrug)

But at least we actually answer our phones once in a while! :rant :p

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kerry_129 said:
But at least we actually answer our phones once in a while! :rant :p

:laughing

Touche'

I never answer mine. :shrug

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Push-to-Talk, just like a regular walkie-talkie (simplex instead of duplex comm. like a phone)

Great for quick, frequent back-n-forth communication, but no big advantage unless you're constantly talking within the same group of people. Biggest application I think is for businesses communicating quick/short/sweet w/ people in the field.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
That is great news! :clap

Now all the Nextel Cup memorabilia I've been collecting all season will be worth even more!

:crackup

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Nextel blows. :down I thought my AT&T service before was bad. Oh, what I would do to get AT&T service back. :)

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
walkie talkie feature blows. you lose any possible "saved time" when you have to wait on somebody to finish talking before you can talk.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Sig said:
walkie talkie feature blows. you lose any possible "saved time" when you have to wait on somebody to finish talking before you can talk.
all you have to do is hit the end button and it drops them so you can talk . Very very handy at work .

·
Freedom of Speech, Don't take it lightly...
2,147 Posts
I prefer two cans and a string....:redflip

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Sig said:
That isn't true when you're talking in quick Q&A fashion instead of carrying on a long conversation, and when it's people who are accustomed to using them.

Ask Allen - he stays on it all day long.

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
I have sprint and it's pretty good, except it doesn't have quite the coverage that Verison has(but blows away what I've seen from Nextel), and any time I talk there's always a damn delay on the other side, so I'll start talking and before I know it the person on the other side starts talking then starts hearing my voice and it thows them so they stop talking and then I stop talking cause I hear them start talking, so it throws off the conversation.... Minor problem though (which I also deal with on voice-over-IP at times too) and I'm happy with it otherwise

I think the nextel people will benefit as their coverage will get better..

My take on the whole walkie talkie thing.. Yes it's a gimmic, but makes Nextel a ton of money, yet it is annoying as piss when done in the wrong setting. I can see some people liking it though. It's more like having an instant message session online than having a conversation. you can take your time responding and it allows you to multitask a little better I guess. Again, has to be the right setting for it, like on a busy construction site or something, not in your living room or driving a soccer-mom-mobile. nothing that makes me want one though.

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
I'm tellin ya - it's MUCH more than just a 'gimmick' for rapid, frequent communication.

I used a walkie-talkie all day, every day at a past job - a 'regular' cell-phone can't begin to compete with that mode for the 'quick' factor.

It's still obnoxious when used without discretion, though.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
kerry_129 said:
I'm tellin ya - it's MUCH more than just a 'gimmick' for rapid, frequent communication.

I used a walkie-talkie all day, every day at a past job - a 'regular' cell-phone can't begin to compete with that mode for the 'quick' factor.

:clap :clap :clap I don't even use the speaker any more on my nextel just use the private mode . most people would never even notice me on it .

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
OMG.
I was in walmart the other day, and at any one point, somewhere in the store, I could here that damn beepin for the entire 45 min I was there. Idiots!
But it does rock for quick, wassup, what you want to eat, where we going, who's bringing the prostitutes type of thing.

·
Registered
426 Posts

use the private mode . most people would never even notice

That's what I was asking, can't you use the walkie like you are talking on the phone so it is less annoying to others?

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Do they make hands free headsets for Nextel phones?:confused I want to buy one so, i can look like all these other dumbass fucks walking down the street talking on the phone looking like they talk to themselves.:D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes they do make a hands free for the phone and a semi hands free for the radio. The radio part has a button on the cord to key the radio and the speaker is played thru the ear piece like the phone.

If you want a cell phone then a Nextel is not what you are looking for.

What I like about my Nextel is when I get in the mountains NO ONE (work)can bother me:clap :clap :D

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
Monstrvtwin said:
Do they make hands free headsets for Nextel phones?:confused I want to buy one so, i can look like all these other dumbass fucks walking down the street talking on the phone looking like they talk to themselves.:D
No shit.. I was walking through a mall in Detroit this week and following some woman who looked like she was talking to herself but was on the phone.. I looked twice and didn't see any headset on her. It was the strangest looking thing but I know she was having a conversation on a cell phone. Maybe a wireless hearing aide plug in or something :laughing

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I say we start a national campaign to limit the number of beeps per minute on the Nextel 2-ways. If you observe a person in public exceeding the number, you are free to beat them severely about the head and neck with a 2x4. :laughing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts