Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woman Killed In Motorcycle Accident

POSTED: 2:27 p.m. PDT August 17, 2003

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. -- A 41-year-old motorcyclist is dead after a head-on collision on Lake Flora Road in Port Orchard.

Kitsap County Sheriffs say Priscilla Hall was killed around 10 a.m. Saturday when her Harley-Davidson motorcycle crossed the center line.

Hall's motorcycle collided with a pickup truck just west of the Glenwood Road Southwest intersection. Hall died at the scene.

The driver of the truck was not injured.

Investigators say Hall was wearing a helmet.

Neither alcohol nor speed appears to have been factors in the accident.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
:shake rip:shake

·
Registered
6 Posts
Penny Hall was my Aunt. Married over 20 years to Fred Hall with 4 boys ages 17-22. She received her endorsement on Friday and died on her very first solo ride the next day. Fred was on his Goldwing in front of her and when a corner came up he looked back and she seemed ok, once through the corner he looked back again and it was over. Fred tried to revive her to no avail. Her helmet had came off during the collision so at least she did not suffer. It's unknown why she crossed the yellow, but as we all know how panic can set in on new riders. Fred is now back to work at his auto shop he owns in down town Port Orchard (Fred and Sons auto repair). I doubt Fred will ever ride again since he always had Penny with him. About 300 people showed up for her funeral as she was popular with the Little League Baseball League among other activities. She will be deeply missed.

:Thank you all for your thought's a prayers.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
wallawalla said:
Penny Hall was my Aunt. Married over 20 years to Fred Hall with 4 boys ages 17-22. She received her endorsement on Friday and died on her very first solo ride the next day. Fred was on his Goldwing in front of her and when a corner came up he looked back and she seemed ok, once through the corner he looked back again and it was over. Fred tried to revive her to no avail. Her helmet had came off during the collision so at least she did not suffer. It's unknown why she crossed the yellow, but as we all know how panic can set in on new riders. Fred is now back to work at his auto shop he owns in down town Port Orchard (Fred and Sons auto repair). I doubt Fred will ever ride again since he always had Penny with him. About 300 people showed up for her funeral as she was popular with the Little League Baseball League among other activities. She will be deeply missed.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

- Matt

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
wallawalla said:

very very sad..my condolences. :(

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Wallawalla... sorry for you loss. It is horrible to hear that it was her first ride.. all newbies take notice be careful out there, practice practice practice.. in parking lots if you have too.

Condolences to your family...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know this post is old, but just letting you guys know, I was at this accident, it's not something I'm going to describe on the site, but I won't ever forget it. I was driving our NKFR medic unit back towards Kingston from the hospital, we ran across the accident, we were second on scene. Also my mom works for Cencom and was the one who took the 911 call. There was a rumor going around that the woman's husband attempted to give his bike away to one of the officers on scene right then and there. I'm not sure how true this was, it's what one of the officers told my mom later on that week.

Sorry for your loss, I can assure you that the emergency aid on scene did as much as the could, but she was too badly injured to be saved.

RIP

Jason

·
stupid people suck....
3,464 Posts
RIP

1 - 20 of 24 Posts