Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
I cannot live life without HD anymore, at least when it comes to sports. It's not even close to being the same.

HD Rules!

·
Hair Pie
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RACER X said:
had it for a bit. not enough channels/show yet.
Thats what I was thinking,.........I dont watch sports so until normal channels start to braodcast in HDTV I guess I am beat. I use direct tv for my cable provider while they do offer HDTV service it seems that it is roughly 1 of each movie channel in HDTV and some bs HDTV channels,.....

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I was nearly ready to buy an HD 50". After doing a bit of research and talking to various people who had it, I decided to wait a while.

It's a novelty at the moment. It's only supported by a few stations, and the technology is still developing (not so much the actual broadcast as the TV's themselves...HD cards and the like).

It's great for sports, but it's a bit of a lame duck in most every other department at the moment. Whenever I visit someone with an HD setup, they always quickly change the channel over to Discovery so they can marvel for a moment.

I'm giving it one more year before bothering with it at all.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
yup. i don't watch sports other then racing as well. and not enough shows. and the dirct TV converter was like $500, i use time warner cable, and i tested a hdtv box for a few mos. $5/mos i think it was.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I love my HD!!! And I don't watch sports either. Time Warner has a package with 7 different HD channels included and I opted for Showtime and Cinemax, which also come with a high def. channel. Going back to regular TV really makes you appreciate it, and even DVD's look like crap now. I can't wait till the deadline in 2006 when all cable providers will be required to broadcast in HD.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I have it i think i have 6 to 8 channels of HDTV, Sports do look great on it as well as the other channels also. I have Dish Network and they offer a 6 month trial period for HDTV signal for free then after the 6mts i think it is 5 bucks a month the HDTV Discovery channel is probably the clearest and best looking IMO but all look pretty good.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have HD TV. I also picked up a new 51' Hitachi rear projection. I have comcast and it has about 16 channels. I agree it's not enough though. The ones I do have are unbelieveable. I do watch sports (Fox, CBS, NBC) and I have the HBO's Max's and such. There is absolutely no comparison between regular cable and HD ........ none at all. It'll spoil you something rotton. I even get broadcasts on the HD channel like UFC and such. If you're goin to watch TV, sports, movies and such HD and a nice system is the only way to go. Watching movies and sports takes on a whole new meaning.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Nice Set Jason i have the exact one but i have the 57" have you had any problems with it? or better yet let me ask this question does the music from your set sound 2x louder than your normal noise/speaking parts etc?

·
Registered
185 Posts
[JaGz] said:
Nice Set Jason i have the exact one but i have the 57" have you had any problems with it? or better yet let me ask this question does the music from your set sound 2x louder than your normal noise/speaking parts etc?
:D The 57' was a bit too big for the available space. A great TV no less, one of the highest rated as Hitachi is the leader in HD projection. I've had zero problems with mine. I run all of my sound through my receiver and speakers and have had the sound from the TV itself turned off or minimized since day one. I couldn't tell you if the sounds from the TV was too loud or acting strangely because I have yet to use it. I get perfect sound the way I have it set up now.

·
Stress Relief 101
13,580 Posts
M3_Racer said:
HD is not for losers who hate sports, period! :D

I Love it for football games, its unreal once you see the difference. Also good for network prime time shows i watch (CSI, ER....)
+1 I love it. I don't find that there is enough sports on it. But what sports are on there and shows like CSI are just amazing. :drool I have 6 channels and its well worth it. My box came with a digital recorder as well so it is really worth it for me. I won't go back.

James

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Jason01'TLR said:
:D The 57' was a bit too big for the available space. A great TV no less, one of the highest rated as Hitachi is the leader in HD projection. I've had zero problems with mine. I run all of my sound through my receiver and speakers and have had the sound from the TV itself turned off or minimized since day one. I couldn't tell you if the sounds from the TV was too loud or acting strangely because I have yet to use it. I get perfect sound the way I have it set up now.
ok Thx, just was curious. I have mine setup thru a surround system also but i don't normally use it unless I'm watching a movie. there is a true sound setting on the TV and i have used both settings just at certain times the background music will be a little to loud to hear the normal things, but this could be with the station/channel I'm watching.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I have a 52" HD RPTV...the only thing hooked to it for HD is the XBOX.

I guess I am a loser with a life because sports are just not for me...I would rather be DOING then watching! :redflip

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.