Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this might sound odd...

What if anything is there to do about helmet hair. I dont have very long hair, but even when it was much shorter over the summer (crew cut) people would ask me if i just rolled out of bed. Not noticing the big fuckin black "thing" in my right hand. Sometimes that WAS the case but most the time it was just from my helmet.

Sometimes I jump out of the shower and put my lid on before my hairs fully dry, and I'll expect to look a lil disheveled when I take it off.

Its not a real big deal, but when I ride to work I dont wanna look like a weirdo when I get there, and I hate to be that guy primping in the mirror. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
do your hair before you put your helmet on like with hair spray or gel. When you take it off it will still look semi decent.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wingspan said:
Just shave most of it off, that's what I do. You can't get hemet head if your hair is only 1/4 inch long. :toothy
This is my theory so I keep my hair very short. Most of the time lest than 1/4 inch sometimes 1mm!:eek

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thats one of the reasons my wife doesn'y like to ride. She has this big mop of curly red hair that looks like a matted dog when she takes her helmet off.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
I don't have that problem (fully shaved) :redflip

·
Registered
58 Posts
buy a cap and keep i tin the trunk area.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
ZoomByU said:
do your hair before you put your helmet on like with hair spray or gel. When you take it off it will still look semi decent.
Make shure you let it fully dry first though. If not, worse than usual, and it;s stuck that way!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Carry a hat in your compartment or wear a bandana or do rag o something.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I'd say letting your hair dry before the helmet goes on helps a lot. :D I don't get helmet hair much thought and my hair real long. Get a bandana too. That helps.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
I have down to between my shoulder blades. I just pull it back into a tight ponytail and that is it. A few times a day, I pull the bands off and shake it loose, band it back up and hit the road again.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I keep hair gel at work so I can fix my hair when I get there. I also always have a cap to wear when I get off the bike if I am hanging around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When my hair was long, I'd braid it and be done with it. Now that it's shorter, and naturally curly, I get helmet hair bad. Depending on where I'm going, I'll either bring a balll cap with me, or I'll hit the restroom and attempt to make it look like something approaching normal.

I generally don't spend too much time worrying about it. If I'm going somewhere that I care about what I look like, then I'm usually not dressed to be riding the bike, and if I'm out with friends, we all have helmet hair and could care less what anyone else thinks of us.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
eyeballjones said:
Thats one of the reasons my wife doesn'y like to ride. She has this big mop of curly red hair that looks like a matted dog when she takes her helmet off.
(Homer Simpson) mmmmmmmm...Redhead... :eek:hyeah

·
Forum Leader,
18,929 Posts
have some of you seen the new hairstyles??? Helmet hair ain't got nuttin on them :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts