Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 911 polini, and without any experience on mini-bikes, and without any manual or instructions, its really hard for me to get started on doing anything with the bike. If someone has a copy of the manual/instructions for the bike. Can you please scan it for me? or you if have some other ways of letting me borrow it or something, please email me [email protected] thanks

#1 problem, the front tire (tubeless slick) is not holding air, any one got any suggestions? if i want to take the tire off and remount it, how do i proceed on doing it.

#2 where can i fill in the water for the water cooling system

#3 the chain on the bike is not smooth at all, should i oil it or should i replace it?

#4 the person sold me the bike said the pull start( the plastic thing inside the cover and the cord need to be changed reguarly as it wears out fast. does anyone know where to get them, and what is the part # for it?

I really appreciate any help anyone can give, thankss again

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
kang247 said:

#1 problem, the front tire (tubeless slick) is not holding air, any one got any suggestions? if i want to take the tire off and remount it, how do i proceed on doing it.
Are you saying that it is totally flat and you cannot pump it up? If so then you need to take it to a gas station and use a high pressure pump. Most plug in home type pumps will not work on a flat tire. You need enough pressure to bead the tire to the rim.

#2 where can i fill in the water for the water cooling system
I believe on the 911 series that the coolant bottle is located under the gas tank. You just need to unscrew the gas tank from the frame in order to get to it.

#3 the chain on the bike is not smooth at all, should i oil it or should i replace it?
Remove the chain from the bike. Put it into a bowl filled with gasoline. Let it soak for 24 hours, Then mount it back on the bike and lube it up. Make sure to lube it everytime you ride.

#4 the person sold me the bike said the pull start( the plastic thing inside the cover and the cord need to be changed reguarly as it wears out fast. does anyone know where to get them, and what is the part # for it?
You can contact Marcelo at www.pocketbike.com . They are a Polini dealer and are the closest to you. He will be able to get you the part you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
leaking air

well, i pumped the tire up today, and the tire was full for a little bit, then the air went out in a very short time. does that mean i have to remount the tires somehow or should i get new tires? it doesn't look like its woren at all.

2) found the water coolant tired the tank, opened it up and its not clear color. is there suppose to be stuff mixed with water or just regular water or instilled water.

3) chain, do i have to adjust the chain tension like the regular bikes?

4) thanks for replying

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Re: leaking air

kang247 said:
well, i pumped the tire up today, and the tire was full for a little bit, then the air went out in a very short time. does that mean i have to remount the tires somehow or should i get new tires? it doesn't look like its woren at all.

if wheel is 2 piece take it apart check center wheel O ring and dirt, check inside tire for sharp bits, put all back togther with dish soap lube, inflate again wipe water and suds around bead and rim check for leaks do NOT immerse entire wheel though

2) found the water coolant tired the tank, opened it up and its not clear color. is there suppose to be stuff mixed with water or just regular water or instilled water.
'
drain it out, and put in distilled water and maybe 'watter wetter' as well.

yup, give 10mm vertical play from bottom

4) thanks for replying

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Re: leaking air

kang247 said:

4) thanks for replying
Pump the tire back up and spread some water on it to dectect the leak. Common sense will tell you what to do from there.;)

Your water coolant could be many different colors depending on what was added to it. For instance if it's "pinkish", That's a sign of watter wetter mixed in. If it's blue then that's a sign of "Blue Ice" mixed in. Orange or Green and that's most likely antifreeze. Just go ahead and drain it all out. Refill it with water and then add a few capfulls of water wetter to the mix. Don't bother using antifreeze as it's not allowed on any race tracks.

You do need to adjust the chain like any other bike in existance. Too tight and you will snap it. Too loose and it will pop off.:D

Who did you buy your bike from? Have you been to any races yet?

Razor.:toothy

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Re: Re: leaking air

edzo said:
Uhhhhh Ed? Did you have a brainfart here.:confused :redflip

Razor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i'll try to get that done asap

bought the bike fom chris in delaware, he put it on ebay and i bidded and won. no, i haven't been to a track yet, just picked it up last saturday. Doing most maintance and learning right now, a lot of screw came right off when i started it. And the other half seems to be missing :rolleyes . But over all the bike is in pretty good condition.

initial experience : After doing a lot of fixing, took it out for a spin. I have to say its pretty scary on that little thing. the bike weaves left and right a lot(i pumped up the air before leaving, and the air might have been lost in the front tire while i was riding)

question about turning: I have seen a lot of videos where people drag their knees while turning. I haven't went down that low yet, either on my real bike or pocketbike. But it seems easier to go down on my real bike, or maybe its just i'm not used to the mini yet. But on the mini my foot keeps on touching the ground before my knee reaches the ground. Is my foot suppose to be facing front instead of outward? that would probably solve the feet touching first.

and i have to say being crammed in the mini makes me sore, only rode for around 5 ~ 10 min, and my hand was sore from the vibration.(wearing regular leather bike gloves) my whole body objected with pain. guess i need to start working out again in the gym :cigar

The good side : Pulled two whillies, almost got out of control. but thank god it didn't. any advice on controlled whillie and how to recover if something goes wrong? (putting the feet out to balance or no?)

power: since i have no previous experience with minis, there's nothing for me to compare it to. And i don't think there's a dyno around my house that does mini-bikes (silver spring, maryland) Is there another way to identify the hp on the bike by looking at the parts? Chris claimed 12hp on the bike, not saying i dont trust him, but would like to know what kind of engine/power is packed in this little baby.

akatherazor4, you seem to live pretty close to me, where do you go race these bikes?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Re: Re: Re: leaking air

akatherazor4 said:
Uhhhhh Ed? Did you have a brainfart here.:confused :redflip

Razor.
what are you talking about ? If you READ it you see my comments in there.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Re: thanks, i'll try to get that done asap

foot position

like this

yes, peg is on the side of the foot

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: leaking air

edzo said:
what are you talking about ? If you READ it you see my comments in there.
My bad on that one.:eek I see you included your response in his quote. That threw me off.:D

Razor.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Kang247...........

There is a track in Monrovia, MD where we race at. It is near Frederick up I-270. We are working on getting a practice day there sometime soon. I would strongly suggest that you come out and have some fun. You will also learn allot about riding and reparing these little machines.;)

Just keep an eye out here for when the date of the practice will be announced.:D

Razor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alright mate if you wanna know what sort of power your bike will be putting out (roughly anyway) check your barrel there should be one of these numbers stamped on it cross check with this (Kindly whipped from eastcoast minimoto's website.....cheers Marcelo)

315 - 40cc 3-port air-cooled

316 - 40cc 3-port water-cooled

315A - 40cc 5-port air-cooled
(discontinued)

316A - 40cc 5-port water-cooled
(you must inspect the exhaust port for evidence of hand porting to determine if it is "race-prepared")

316B - 50cc 5-port water-cooled

if its any one of the last three your bike may possibly be making in the region of 12ish hp If you take the tank off you can see the carb if you can see whats written on the side of the carb ie SHA14\14L or PHBG and the number this should tell you how big your carb is ie a 14\14L is a 14mm carb

Hope This Helps Mate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the reply everyone. i'll probably get to work on the bike this weekend and i'll let you know how it goes. thanks again

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey kang send me a pm and we'll hook up. I'm in Alexandria a lot (usually with my bike in tow)and can go over a few things on your bike with you. Not saying that I know any more than the other guys here. Shiznit!, I don't know half as much as they do about these little rockets, but I'm closer to you than Razor. I would be more than happy to swing by give you a hand. Lemme know.

X Man

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
316B is the number i found on my bike! :) yeah. but i couldn't find the number for the carb, or where the carb is. you stated that when u take off the tank, the carb is right there. but when i lifted up the tank, there's the exhaust. and there were no # on the exhaust. its a darkish kinda smooth exhaust, on the end tip it looks like fake carbon fiber :(

so far i stripped the fairing, tank and pull start. i'm working on taking off the chain, but due to the incorrect size of the hex keys, i didn't want to try to force it off, had experience stripping bolts/nuts on my regular bike, and that's a pain the butt trying to fix.

still need to work on the front wheel.

question about the throttle, after sitting on the bike, start the throttle nice and easy, the bike start revving, and i have to keep on going on the throttle for another quarter of a twist of so before the bike start moving. Is this normal or is there something i can adjust to make the bike start moving as soon as i start revving. which way do you prefer the throttle to be? laggy like mine or twist and go? thanks:ar15

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
yueah

get you can good results by setting the clutch you engage low, then laughs the bike full throttle leaned way forward, and see how long it takes will be the bike you ' hit the pipe '. If you know what I mean, the thing takes off and hits HARD. Now keep going back and adjusting the clutch springs evenly, and to tighter by few turns. Now you laugh the bike again. Until keep doing that the bike you laugh like you want it you. 4 test you laugh will be enough.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now if you want to get really technical...:D

you can start resulted good adjusting the clutch to connect the low point, to follow to mount onward the inclined way it full pressure controller of the bicycle, and see how much time makes examination for the bicycle ' to the stroke of the tubing '. If you to know what I mean, the thing he removes and he beats HARDLY. He now keeps to go stops backwards and to adjust the clutch jumps uniformly, and more pressed for some it turns. Mount now the bicycle another time. It keeps to make this until the strolls of the bicycle as you they want the 4 strolls to it of the test will be sufficient.

:redflip

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not making any sense

dude, i dont know if you been drinking or something. but your msg didn't make any sense to me what so ever.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
actually it does make sense, you need to read it from a different perspective. as though your were reading a translation dictionary and you have all the word meanings, yet picked meaning 1 instead of 2 [where some words have dual meanings.]

make sense now ?

anyhow,

what you need to do is:

adjust clutch, go ride, come back, adjust it again, and keep doing that until the bike rides like you want. 4 or 5 or 6 times, get that allen wrench out, and the hot-gloves, and dig in.

most times you do have to rev them to about 7500 before the clutch starts to touch if you want a bike to use all the powerband and not bog down.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Edzo, I almost fell outta' my chair.:laughing I kid you not, I have tears rolling down my cheeks. And then Kang's response just made me laugh all the more. How do you come up with this stuff?!?!

:lmao
gasping for air
X Man

No offense intended toward Kang. This is just classic Edzo.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
:redflip :redflip :redflip :redflip :D

Kang,

Confíde in me... post of Edzo is harder not to understand than the manual that original of Polini you asked for approximately!

-Marcelo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts