Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Went MIA
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have narrows mt choice down to two leather suits...

Alpinestars P1 2 piece, or the Teknic Violator 1 piece.

Both are right at the $600-$700 mark so it all comes down to what you all have to say. I will be doing the occational track day, and mainly using the suit when I go for a ride through the mountains. If I ride with no destination I will ride with the suit on....to a Birthday, or BBQ....just my coat, riding jeans, gloves, and s**i race boots.

For that purpose what would you all recommend? Which do you feel is a better quality, and which do you feel holds up better in the unexpected get off?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Both Alpine and Tecknic are great companies and buying there top of the line stuff it really all depends on how it fits you and what your most comfortable with. Really, with those to manufacturers you cant go wrong, let alone buying there top of the line jackets.

I am looking at the S-MX and S-MX Airflow myself as well as the joe rocket speedmaster.

Personally I like the teknics but I know the alpines fit me a lot better, not so long in the sleeves, but if your a tall skinny guy then teknic should be perfect

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have an Alpine Stars P1 2-PC. I really like it. The construction is very good as are the materials used. The suit will provide good protection in a get-off and is reasonably comfortable to wear for extended periods. On a recent trip, I wore mine for 12-14 hours a day for three straight days and remained very satisfied with the suit. For that price you would be getting an exceptional deal. Just make sure it fits you right. :thumb

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
hard to say. i have a teknic 1 piece and i like it, kinda odd fit, but its a nice off the rack fit. i'm getting sick of alpinestars honostly, their stuff is going the way of the poser imo :shake

·
Went MIA
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the Teknic Violator 1 piece and I really like the Lightning. The lighting is a lot cheaper and I am thinking of that suit then picking up all the under armor.

The fact that the Violator has the speed hump is a selling point too....From everything I have read its made to support the head and neck in a crash as well as help aerodynamically.....the latter is not the point...the support for me is it.

Thoughts?

joe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why not hook up with SYED leathers and for another $100 get a custom made one?
Maybe $150.00 more.... I got mine on special, and paid $15.00 to change the colors to my liking.

If not the Teknic one is my choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts