Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not planning on selling it yet but might put it in the trading post just in case somone came along with the right offer... but wanted to get a feel for the market value of a bike with a rebuilt salvage title... heres all the specs... what do you think i could get out of it?

2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Black/Red/Silver
6,000 miles

Mods:
*brand new 520 conversion with RK gold chain, -1 tooth front sprocket, stock size lightened aluminum rear sprocket
*xtreme graphics undertail with integrated turn signals
*flush mounts up front
*brand new K&N air filter
*brand new intuitive frame sliders, swing arm sliders, bar sliders
*0 miles since fresh synthetic oil change using suzuki oil and filter
*flushed cooling system, added water wetter
*new dunlop 207rr's

Condition:
*Frame is straight and un-dented and un-scratched, bike appears to have been involved in a low side that scraped up all of the plastics and dented the tank but spared anything important, runs and rides absolutely perfect, has a rebuilt VA salvage title

cycletrader.com isn't really a good source of getting a idea of a bikes worth b/c you can't tell if people are buying the bikes at the price of the ad, but on ebay there are completely totaled nearly unrebuidable gixxers selling for over 3,000$ and i see many in nearly identical condition to mine for around 5,000$ and ones totally rebuilt with pretty new plastics for 6,500

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
I'd say 4 to 5k would be reasonable as long as the frame isn't damaged

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I wouldnt pay anything over 3k but I also have access to cheep parts and used bikes where as most people dont

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Current Used clean tittle gsxr750's go for 5k and you can find used race bikes for less than that with good tittles.Probably 3k-4k.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vizsladog44 said:
Current Used clean tittle gsxr750's go for 5k and you can find used race bikes for less than that with good tittles.Probably 3k-4k.
i've seen a handfull of newer "race" bikes go for 3k-4k but haven't seen one with a clean title yet... i'm speaking of 2001-2002 gsx-r 750's, i've never seen one of those years go for anything close to 5k before... mostly 6,000-7,500... possibly a few 2000's going for that, but they have the tranny issue

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chammer said:
hrm...i'll give you $3,500 cash...today for it. :D
i've got a little over 4,000 into it now... if you could do closer to that its yours... i can't have more than one bike but the CBR isn't selling yet, but then again i did pick a bad time to try and sell... and i'm also trying to purchase a handgun, so something has to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts