Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so State Farm and I are through, as in I am no longer employed there. It's a productive split, I regain the ability to experience joy and they can hire 8 yes men to do my job well enough that users might not notice for another year or so, as opposed to having to listen to truths that I chose to speak over the last 7 years but are unpopular among big spending mgmt. drones and vendor steak receptacles.

ANYWAY, I've got a few months worth of getting rid of the expensive shit and either : do something nearby for less pay, or I can shop resume's all over the U.S, or I can liquidate tons of shit and build a little cabin on 15 acres and finish out the 80 fucking billions inventions I've never had time to take to market, or I can hop around the nation staying with people that I've known since high school and all the way up to and including CF, then come back and whatever, or I can , switch careers and suffer just as much as moving to the country except still end up a slave to the man even though I'll eventually end up a subject matter expert again. STILL slave to the pointy-haired manager. Except age 37 by then instead of 30. Or I can uh.... grow tons of grass and opium on 7 acres of the property and make a couple mil one-time, then launder it at 50% and make 100K for the rest of my life per year off the interest. Or I can get arrested growing, possessing, processing or selling the contraband.
Or, there's more stuff I haven't thought of, I really wouldn't mind hacking some unix from a high rise in CHI for a year or two, if anyone wants a unix or network or security or hybrid expert that doesn't swing his cock and can run operations/multiple projects. Scale is up to senior level design or sales analyst, ISP/enterprise both, all Fortune 10 US networks. Autonomous or team-guiding in fun/informal high-quality-output type area.

Or, you could tell me what to do or give me ideas; no matter what, i CAN'T do another dilbert-is-reality type environment, it'll kill my ass. Stupid ideas, well you can fuck off :redflip (I don't think it's a flame if it's preemptive).

Now I'm going to stay up really late and work on this: (first glimpse to the outside world, patent pending bla bla bla can't really tell anyway it'll eventually succeed):

Ideas! Thoughts! Ramblings, bitchslaps, dabbling in the obvious and venture capital is all welcome

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
At least explain to us what that gizmo in the pic is supposed to do?

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
sonick said:
OK so State Farm and I are through, as in I am no longer employed there. It's a productive split, I regain the ability to experience joy and they can hire 8 yes men to do my job well enough that users might not notice for another year or so, as opposed to having to listen to truths that I chose to speak over the last 7 years but are unpopular among big spending mgmt. drones and vendor steak receptacles.

ANYWAY, I've got a few months worth of getting rid of the expensive shit and either : do something nearby for less pay, or I can shop resume's all over the U.S, or I can liquidate tons of shit and build a little cabin on 15 acres and finish out the 80 fucking billions inventions I've never had time to take to market, or I can hop around the nation staying with people that I've known since high school and all the way up to and including CF, then come back and whatever, or I can , switch careers and suffer just as much as moving to the country except still end up a slave to the man even though I'll eventually end up a subject matter expert again. STILL slave to the pointy-haired manager. Except age 37 by then instead of 30. Or I can uh.... grow tons of grass and opium on 7 acres of the property and make a couple mil one-time, then launder it at 50% and make 100K for the rest of my life per year off the interest. Or I can get arrested growing, possessing, processing or selling the contraband.
Or, there's more stuff I haven't thought of, I really wouldn't mind hacking some unix from a high rise in CHI for a year or two, if anyone wants a unix or network or security or hybrid expert that doesn't swing his cock and can run operations/multiple projects. Scale is up to senior level design or sales analyst, ISP/enterprise both, all Fortune 10 US networks. Autonomous or team-guiding in fun/informal high-quality-output type area.

Or, you could tell me what to do or give me ideas; no matter what, i CAN'T do another dilbert-is-reality type environment, it'll kill my ass. Stupid ideas, well you can fuck off :redflip (I don't think it's a flame if it's preemptive).

Now I'm going to stay up really late and work on this: (first glimpse to the outside world, patent pending bla bla bla can't really tell anyway it'll eventually succeed):

Ideas! Thoughts! Ramblings, bitchslaps, dabbling in the obvious and venture capital is all welcome

There's got to be something local for someone with your background and skill level... it may be at slightly less pay, but it would probably not stay there and could even lead to more... Just a thought :shrug

do you have the assets to start a small business? You could start your own third party vendor for IT (lots of companies don't use their own internal IT, they outsource to a third party vendor and lease the equipment).

Just my .02. :)

·
King of something
4,583 Posts
I was certain Rez was paying you triple digits for all the work on the site.
I didn't even realize you needed to work elsewhere. :redflip :nanana

Dude your tech skills seem aweful good. I doubt you'll have much trouble finding a good job.
I moved to an area where my skills were in high demand. That way, if you get fired or quit one company, you go to their comeptitor across town. :thumb

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I'm none too good with the tech-nee-logy-cal stuff, but if I'm not mistaken.....sonick built a time machine!

·
King of something
4,583 Posts
Milo said:
I'm none too good with the tech-nee-logy-cal stuff, but if I'm not mistaken.....sonick built a time machine!
Weee- doggies! I wanna be the first to try it out!

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
Jayson, get the cabin, simplify your life, finish out your inventions. The de-stressing will be good for you. Don't try to make your millions growing pot, it's more stressful than working a regular job. The sheer stealth necessary is a double edged sword. At first it's exciting to tax your mind with new ways to hide your plants, who by the way will betray you by becoming huge and putting off quite the odor, then you have to avoid the cops, the deer, the weasels or whatever little rats will gnaw down huge plants only to take one or two buds and leave the rest to rot, immature, on the ground.

Grow one beautiful beloved plant for yourself and use it for relaxation.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Why not become a super-high priced consultant and open your own firm? :shrug

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Y'know, I actually do have something you may be able to help with. It's an invention that is about half done. We have the $$ for it, so that's not an issue. We do need a computer than can do something special. I'll PM you what I have so far. We have the one part ready, and it works perfect!

It's probably very simple to do, I just don't know how yet ;)

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
ManaBurrn said:
Why not become a super-high priced consultant and open your own firm? :shrug
He is more than qualified, but the stress of being responsible for other people's massive fortunes is eating him up inside.

I really really think he needs to focus on himself, and just be responsible for his physical body, and re-learn true enjoyment of life. There is little to be enjoyed materially when you've put your job ahead of your health for years. Emotionally, physically and intellectually our man here has wrecked himself and sought solace externally. He needs to find his sanctuary within himself, and build his life back around the one person who should matter most.

You all might as well just know that I'm going to push this pretty persistently. No amount of money is worth dying for, and an excruciating life is a lingering death.

JMO I'm not trying to say I am going to shoot down everyone elses suggestions, but I'm stubborn, and I think I'm right.

Jayson, cut back on the toys, keep the things you would dearly miss, and pull the chord.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
I'd say, sell the vette, buy your cool ass T/A for $10k, drop all your expenses, and live a simple life and ENJOY it, it's more important to enjoy your life rather then just living your life.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
You can always do a little of everything. Do what you need to make a living, then use your spare time to finish some of the shit you've started.

If ya want to take a trip up to Milwaukee, ya got a place to stay.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Rezin said:
I say you and I go on a "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" style adventure!!

:D:D
If this comes about.. Somebody better invite me.

As for what you should do Jayson. I really have no fucking idea. I would say stick with what you know. But, the idea is obviously you want to change your path in life. I have an idea for a little sumpin sumpin you could try your hand at. Not saying it's great. but, it would keep you busy..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts