Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has been talked about a ton, but i need help on deciding which dirtbike i should get. i am 6'1" and weight about 160. i have been riding for 8 years and i currently have an '01 Honda XR100 four stroke. it is wayyyyy too small for me and i need a new bike. I was looking at an '05 CR125 two-stroke, but then decided against it, b/c of how loud they were and the whole "4 stroke revolution". so i started looking at the 2006 CRF250R's and liked 'em. then i heard that they are louder that the CR125's. ok, so THEN i looked at a 2005 CRF250X (the enduro model). it had a silencer and a spark arrester on it. but then i read that 4-strokes require a lot more maintnence than 2strokes and if your engine breaks on a 4 stroke it can costs thousands, while a 2 stroke engine repair can cost a couple hundred bucks....is this right? also, i own 8 acres in a neighborhood and the neighbors have 2 strokes, so i thought it wouldnt be that bad owning a 125 (or possibly a 250 two stroke). is there mufflers that can reduce the noise of a 2 stroke? i know Pro Circuit and FMF offer some, but do they do much noise-wise?? i do mainly trail-riding and fartin' around w/ buddies. i hardly ever go to the track. i heard 125's are good trail-biikes. and they also cost a lot less than a 250X four stroke. what i'm looking for is - a fast, powerful biike for my size, not too loud, and reliable and wont kill my wallet when i need to repair it. thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts