#1 ·
My little GRC GP

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a Really Really Nice GP

#4 ·
Tell me about the Frame,Paint?..
I'd like to Paint my yellow GPs frame like that someday.

#5 ·
The frame is powdercoated flat black. There is a powdercoating business across the street from where I work so they did this one and my Giannini (gloss black). Both frames cost $100 each.

The GP frame was already yellow powdercoated when I bought it off a member from here. It was nasty. I disassembled it and took 5 pieces for them to powdercoat individually. They had to burn off the yellow then blast the chrome off of it that was under the yellow.

#6 ·
Awesome Man,what's it got in it..

I love talking about GRC GPs..it's my Favorite...

#7 ·
That I'm not exactly sure of. (I think it has a 3-port 40cc polini (316 series 2)), 14/14 sha, factory GP exhaust, 7/74 gearing, vee rear, pmt front. Will soon be gettting rid of the pmt 'cause they suck. Probably vee rubber everything I run eventually. Then upgrade the carb to an 18-19mm. Runs really good. Got a vid on here I will find of a few buddies riding at a bikenight.

#9 ·
What PMT are you running though..?

#8 · (Edited)
Found it!

Exibition night event from a local bike night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are trying to expand our sport in our area so a local bike night got a permit for us to run in the evening and night. It was a great success. Short video with a few that were running. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyP1OImjdjo

Thats me on my GP at the end and throughout the vid. Busaman is on the orange/black DM and Jared on the red RR

#10 ·
It is an unmarked PMT so I'm guessing a T40? I have ridden Chinese, Sava MCO2(Mrb compound), Sava MCO(Mrb copound), PMT 40,41,42, and Vee's. Vee Rubbers offer the best grip of them all. The T-40 on my Giannini has the same seperation line that the Vee Rubbers are known for. In that video I was sliding the front all night

1.)Vee Rubber
2.)Sava MCO2

#11 ·
It might be a PMT B..One of the tires I have/B..is marked in chalk but it wore off ..I had to look under a light to see the spot where the chalk had been..
PMT B ..I can attest that they suck....I'd only use these tires if your running on some real rugged parking lot surface.I've killed myself on the track with them.

PMT T40 is a mixed bag..I hear of many riders who can Blast on them..
..I think it may be the way I ride,..

My yellow GP came with a good set of 40s on it..Took it to the track and I felt like I was driving a Cadillac,The tires had the bike all over the place ..I made so many tire pressure changes to no effect..Lap after lap the bike felt like crap,so bad I had to look over the frame for cracks as it felt like one tirecwould go this way and the other the other way ...
..several laps in with the tires heated I'd try to push a cornen "a little" harder and down I'd go ..SUCKED,so pissed off,First time at the track with the bike put a ton of laps on it and had to keep the pace slow all day..
Go it home,threw on some T41s and WOW!! a total difference..Sticks like Glue.

PMT T41 and PMT R I've had nothing but great Luck with on all my GRCs..

I have never used VEE RUBBER so I can't opinionate on them as for usage.
From watching a pocketbike racer stuck at a track,not being able to race because a new.set of these failed to bead=I instantly avoid them..But again I have never tried them so I don't know how they perform.

..I have a set in the basement given to me..From my experience with beading tires they look like they'd be killer to bead or get on a rim even with my mini tire changer...

Feel Free to give me any pointers on mounting them..

#12 ·
That's how I put them on, with a mini tire changer. Only way to go. Haven't marked a wheel yet with it. I'll bet that guy at the track tried to screw driver those Vees on. You will screw up the wheel or tear up the bead before they go on that way. That's the way my GP came when I got it (rear wheel distoted and broken through) . That's why I'm looking to upgrade the wheels. Just got to exercise patients which I know alot of people don't have (at the track or at home). Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.