Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Found my way here through John in a different post, so I thought I would officially introduce myself instead of just lurking in the background. Hopefully this season I'll be joing you guys and gals at the Sandy Hook and E-town races. I've been track riding the big bikes for about 5 years now and when I tallied up my 2006 costs, I almost had a heart attack. So I talked to the wife, and it looks like I'm going to give pocketbikes a shot this year instead. Ofcourse after selling off everything I currently have. :rolleyes Anyway, I've been reading up, looking at pics, and watching videos, and it looks like a total blast. I'm keeping my eyes open on the Events section in hopes I can stop by a practice at the Owings Mills lot and check these out first hand before jumping in. So hopefully that will be in the very near future. Well, just wanted to let you all know I was here and hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you all and join in the fun soon!

Paul

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Hey, are you guys getting together this weekend at all (Feb-18/19/20)??? Have an extra day off and was hoping to check these out if possible. I have no idea what the weather for the weekend is supposed to be like, so I'm assuming it's going to be nice. I could be completely wrong though since I've been soooo busy trying to sell off everything. Just wondering.;)

·
Registered
952 Posts
not sure about the weather.. suppose to be in the low 40's this weekend.. wouldnt mind taking the bike out of hibernation..

eddie, bruce, tien, capra, what do you guys have plan?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Pete...Gang.....if the weather holds out..I ll be hitting a practice in Owings mills......the Va lot is in question as when I was there last.......we were told to leave.......I know the gang has been looking for a new spot in the va area..........however I know for SURE that I can ride up here (owings mills) so thats where Ill be.

......Paul....please join us if the weather cooperates~ I will update in a day or 2..! JOHN

·
Future stunta in training!!
1,667 Posts
Before I comit to anything I have to find my gear. I think my suit is at my parents house and my helmet, gloves, and boot are at my buddies house. Of course my bikes are with me. :D I really need to get the DM setup and broken in soon.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah John, definitely let me know what's going on. I already told the wife I might be heading out, so as long as the weather is good, I should be there.:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
sorry, I'm gonna hit the slope this sunday... have fun and ride safe guys. watching the olympics makes me itch to ride my snowboard....

Paul - welcome to the club!! looking forward to see you at the track.

redduck996 said:
not sure about the weather.. suppose to be in the low 40's this weekend.. wouldnt mind taking the bike out of hibernation..

eddie, bruce, tien, capra, what do you guys have plan?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, weather is looking pretty shitty for this weekend. Oh well, maybe next weekend?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
has been confirmed....we are all heading out to Deleware to check out potenetial new track to race PBs and while we are there.....we're gonna go at it in Karts!!!!!

Paul please join us if you like!! Anyone else in?? Sprung is confirmed in!!~ JOHN

·
Registered
282 Posts
da slopes

OT too but I ski patrol at Whitetail. If you are ever up there just swing through PHQ at the top of the high speed detach ask for JD or Jeff D I am up every other weekend all winter long. I am up again on nights on March 11 night shift. maybe see ya up there. And welcome aboard!

bn_r1 said:
sorry, I'm gonna hit the slope this sunday... have fun and ride safe guys. watching the olympics makes me itch to ride my snowboard....

Paul - welcome to the club!! looking forward to see you at the track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts