Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you hit that pile of oil dry on the ramp to 234? A trash truck had flipped and spilled its load. While I appreciate them trying to absorb the fluids, it would be nice to clean up the mess they make while trying to clean the mess. :rolleyes In FFX, the tow truck drivers are required to sweep everything up after a wreck.

Luckily I saw it and stood the bike up before going through it. I would hate to hit it at night, then I might not have seen it and been leaned over.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
No, thank goodness. I have been truck-bound since the coldsnap began this week (damn electric gear has failed me ... or i failed it).

That ramp use to be one of my all time favorites (big, 270 degrees, fast entry, decreasing radius, which has a challenging uphill off-camber ending, ...) but after I hit that gas spill and the piece of firewood, i have been pretty hesitant. I may be maturing? During the gas-spill incident I had picked out the guardrail post that was going to decapitate me or snap my back.

Though I had a good time when you came to visit me at the hospital.

I AGREE completely that they should clean up their mess. We have some nice roads, but then oil/gas spills, the concrete spill (on rt28 in dec i think), damn firewood, farm dirt. It's tough to relax and let your hair down.

Stood up an 800lb Harley, damn you're good!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
He gets lots of practive with evasive maneuvers at home. He chases Helen around while she attempts to dodge his "Shrimp."

That will officially be the last comment I make pertaining to Helen and Shrimp.

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
HooliKen said:
He gets lots of practive with evasive maneuvers at home. He chases Helen around while she attempts to dodge his "Shrimp."

That will officially be the last comment I make pertaining to Helen and Shrimp.
:crackup :shake :crackup

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
f4asg said:

The police version is closer to 1000lb, but actually quite easy to steer at speed. Much harder to steer at full lock and leaned over scraping the frame at slow speed. Then it is a workout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts