Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hjc-chatterbox.com/gmrs_x1.htm

I'd be interested in any feedback if someone has used this before. I think this would be a great idea for group riding and just wanted to hear a few stories before i put money down on one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
I have a similar model just a shorter range, works prety well i just havent used it much the last few years but is good to have esp if you are up in the mountains

Tom

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tommymac said:
I have a similar model just a shorter range, works prety well i just havent used it much the last few years but is good to have esp if you are up in the mountains

Tom
how long does teh batt last on a charge? is the sound clear? cumbersome or comfortable?

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
JAYBIRDGTO said:
how long does teh batt last on a charge? is the sound clear? cumbersome or comfortable?
My battery was/is prety good if you know you are using it for a ride just charge it the night before. I have the high speed mic but it would kick on at speeds over 80+. The piece on the helmet is no problem but the earphones I had get a little painful in my old lid on long rides, I have to see how they are on my arai if I can burry them in the padding.

Tom

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have an X1 and the range is pretty good. The VOX is useless, though. Anything over 45-50mph and the damn thing goes off by itself. Not sure about the high speed mic. Mine is an older version. Maybe the newer ones have better mics.

The best setup was when I used the PTT(push to talk) button. That eliminated false activation of the microphone. Only thing was that it was a pain to attach the button to the bars and then snake the cable up the sleeve of my jacket and then plug it into the Chatterbox.

You would think with today's technology, they could make a wireless remote using IR or Bluetooth in order to activate headset.

BTW, I second the earphones being bulky and uncomfortable and the little velcro pieces they supplied to keep them in place? Ga bage! Some helmets (I'm guessing HJC?) do have little pockets to place the earphones in making them much more comfy but in the Shoei RF900 I was using it in, there was no such pockets. So the pads were out in the open and were pushed right into your ears. They would also move around way too easy and you'd have to adjust them by wedging your one finger in between your helmet and your ear to adjust the earpiece. PITA.

Now they sit around collecting dust. Great idea, poor execution IMO.

·
Over The Hill
489 Posts
tommymac said:
but the earphones I had get a little painful in my old lid on long rides, I have to see how they are on my arai if I can burry them in the padding.

Tom
(bevis and butthead voice)
heha heaha ... he said lid ... heha :laughing

Have we not learned anything from our post the other day? :shake

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Knifeguy said:
(bevis and butthead voice)
heha heaha ... he said lid ... heha :laughing

Have we not learned anything from our post the other day? :shake
Oh I have I have been rechecking my posts, dont want to give you guys any more ammo on me:laughing

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts